Chapter III

She flicked the meat on her plate over for the fifth time. She didn't feel hungry, not after what happened today. Her Father had almost been murdered right in her very house. Her brows knitted together as she tested her memory, the appearance of the 'business woman' that had been taken to her father's office just moments ago. She remembered her small height, her short hair, but most importantly those piercing blue eyes.
"Are you going to eat that Asami?"

The woman was taken out of her trance by the soft voice that sat next to her.
"Sorry Opal, I'm still a little shaken up." She admitted, finally stabbing the meat onto her fork and placing it in her mouth in a polite manner.

Opal sighed. She had known The Sato family ever since Asami went to school with her and she had grown quite close; so close that Hiroshi actually offered her a job to work for them around the house . However , Asami didn't treat her like a servant that Opal was hired for , they were still friends after all. Because of their friendship over the years , their parents had also developed one of their own. Opal's mother had been hired to work for the Sato guard and she has been working her way up the ranks ever since .
"I understand, I'm quite shocked myself." She replied, placing her knife and fork together on her plate.
"But I'm sure this house will be the safest place in town now, your father will make sure of it."

Asami nodded, although she knew what this meant in the long run for her. She would have guards posted around her room at every hour, maybe even one that followed her every footstep too. Opal saw the distress in her friend's green eyes and she placed a reassuring hand onto her shoulder.
"When everything has settled, what do you say we take a walk in the park?" She said, taking her plate into her hands.
"I can ask Jinora to come too."

She knew her friend was trying to lighten up the mood a little but what would going outside do? It would be like she was dangling herself infront of the Red Lotus, almost teasing them.
"I'll think about it Opal, thank you." She managed to respond, tears threatening to spill but she held herself together.

"Of course, you know where to find me." She gave Asami a small smile before leaving the girl alone in the dining area, playing with her cutlery. She let her mind roam again, thinking about the endless possibilities as to why her father would be a target for the Assassins Guild, but nothing made sense. Maybe her father had done the unthinkable, possibly a crime that ticked the Red Lotus off to the point where murdering Mr Sato was inevitable. Asami buried that thought away in her head, guilt washing over her . How could she even think that of her own father? Soon the large oak doors of the dining area opened once again.

"Miss Sato." A gentle yet strong voice called.
"I'm sorry for disrupting your meal."

"It's quite alright Mako, and please for the last time, its Asami." She hated the formalities that she had to endure, yes her family was of a high reputation but she shouldn't be treated as royalty, it didn't sit right with her.

"Asami," He corrected himself.
"I have been appointed as your personal guard."

Asami couldn't help but roll her eyes, she hoped Mako didn't see that. She knew she would have to get a personal guard soon but this was a little too sudden. Her eyes grazed over the soldier standing at attention at the entrance of the dining area, waiting for her approval. His strong featured face , so serious.
"Yes that's fine." She mumbled, picking at her food with er fork again. Those very words were all Mako needed, he nodded and closed the doors behind him leaving Asami alone again. He stood looking at the closed doors for a few moments before a slight smile tugged at his lips. That smile soon turned into a grin as he frantcially shook his arms around in celebration.
His victory dance soon came to a halt as his eyes met a pair of utterly confused ones gazing at him from down the hallway. His face was a steamy red as he brushed himself down and stood up straight.