Chapter 22

Zane's POV

The rest of the day was uneventful, or if something did happen, I was too busy to notice. I was fully immersed in the world of Harry Potter. When Katie showed me the series, I never thought it'd be that addicting, but I was dead wrong. In only a few days, I was on the fourth book, and about to move onto the fifth.

When we said goodbye to the girls, we all went outside, and began talking as we waited for Sensei Wu. "I think that Kelsey girl is pretty cool," Kai said. "Overly hyper, and insane to the Nth degree, but kinda cool all the same." We all nodded in agreement.

"That hyperactivity might just be the sign of a good ninja." I put in, barely looking up from my book. Kai nodded.

"That's what I was thinking." Kai concurred.

Jay fist pumped. "Sweet!" he whooped, before we all shushed him. "Sorry for being happy." He muttered. "We have three our of four apprentices now!"

"That's thunder, snow, and now smoke. All we need now is stone." Kai looked at Cole. "Any ideas?"

Cole shrugged. "A few," he said vaguely. "But nothing definate." For some reason, he looked at Lloyd as he said this, who smiled.

"I can say one thing's for sure," JAy rotated his thumbs and flexed his hands. "I love apposeable thumbs! I don't know how we lived with those claw things!: We all laughed, and agreed.

We bantered back and forth for a few moments, before Sensei Wu pulled up in a battered old minivan. We all climbed in, greeting him with cheery "Hello Sensei"s.

"Hello, boys," he said in his raspy voice. There was a tremor of something in his voice. It was almost undetectable, and I brushed it off. "How's the hunt for the apprentice's going?"

"Pretty well Sensei," Cole said. "We have three of four chosen apprentices now." Sensei Wu nodded.

"Good, very good." he rasped. "We will be able to hit the threat head on, then."

Lloyd's smile drooped. "Wh-what threat?"

Sensei looked as if he just realized what he'd said. "Nothing," he quickly backtracked. "Just the mumblings of an old man."

Lloyd smiled again, but the mood in the van didn't lift.

                                                                            ~.:oOo:.~

I was quite possibly the most bored nindroid in the universe. (Granted, I'm the only nindroid.) I was doing my math homework, and it was one of the dullest things ever. Thankfully, I finished soon.

As soon as I did, my phone rang, signalling I had a text. I knew it was Katie before  ieven looked, for two reasons- first, I programmed my phone (or, rather she had without my knowledge) to play the Harry Potter theme whenever she texted me, and, two, no one else besides her and the guys had my phone number, and only Jay would be so lazy as to text me when he was just in the next room.

Hey. Katie's text was simple, and I appreciated that. My brain was (almost literally) fried.

Hey. I replied. What's up?

Not much, just sitting in my room, listening to the same song over and over again.

What one? I knew I probably wouldn't know what she was talking about, but I was curious all the same.

Hello! From the musical The book of Mormon. It's really funny.

Sounds interesting.