Trial

"We have one last item on our agenda today, the trial of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore." As Amelia bones spoke, the old man was brought into the room. Dressed in grey prison robes, with anti-magic cuffs and chains around his hands connected to his feet. The wizgamot was in an uproar. This man was their hero, a good man who could do no wrong.
"Order! Order!" She tried to quiet them.
"SILENCE!" The female voice rang out over the courtroom. Eyes instead focused on the girl who lived, Evie Potter.
"Thank you, Lady Potter." She received a nod from the young woman sitting in the witness box. "Albus Dumbledore, you are accused of child endangerment, child abuse, neglect, theft, fraud, attempted coup, as well as an accomplice to not one but two wars, conspiring to keep an innocent man in prison, as well as attempted line theft." The room was silent, it was so silent that not even a quill was being scratched across parchment. "How do you plead?"
"Not Guilty." He spoke confidently. He was sure he could turn this around on someone else somehow.
"Barrister Higgens you may now present your cases."
Ambrosias Higgens was a tall thin man with light brown hair, his face didn't betray the nervousness he felt. After all he knew everything that was said was going to be true, but it was still Albus Dumbledore he was up against.
"Lords, Ladies, and esteemed guests of this chamber. Albus Dumbledore was once a man many of us looked up to and trusted. However, the evidence that has been collected will shock you. Earlier this year my law firm was contacted by one Evie Potter." Eyes darted over to the stoic young woman. "Albus Dumbledore has fooled us all, after his graduation from hogwarts, Mr Dumbledore met Gellert Grindewald, the two became fast friends and lovers. That where they hatched a plan to take over the wizarding world and subjugate muggles to a life of  slavery. During an argument between Mr Dumbledore's younger brother, himself and Grindewald, spells were thrown and Ariana Dumbledore (his younger sister) was murdered. But this was only the beginning. Not only did he encourage the treasonous thoughts of Grindewald, he did absolutely nothing to stop him until forced to." He gave them a few short seconds to process. "This however was only the beginning of his crimes. As a teacher at hogwarts his job was to educate and protect his students. This was where he met a young Tom Marvalo Riddle. Young Mr. Riddle grew up in a muggle orphanage during a time of war. He then went on to be a member of Slytherin, then prefect and head boy. During Mr Riddles 6th year of schooling a young girl was murdered. Mr, Dumbledore while suspicious did nothing as the young man turned to the dark arts and became what we know today as Lord Voldemort." The people of the chamber shrieked and sputtered in outrage. "Fifteen years ago, shortly before the birth of Evie Potter, Albus Dumbledore interviewed a possible divination professor, the woman gave a prophecy, just as Mr. Dumbledore was leaving. The contents of the prophecy were overheard. While he knew the person had overheard the prophecy, they were not obliviated. Because of this inaction the Longbottoms and Potters were targeted. Resulting in the Potters deaths and the torture of The Longbottoms. Albus Dumbledore then interfered with the wills of James and Lilly Potter. Instead he placed the young Potter Heiress in a home of magic haters. All the while draining the Potter vaults, and calling himself regent of House Potter!" Yells of outrage went around the room. "Mr Dumbledore denied Lord Sirius Black his rights as a godfather, and with the help of Bartimus Crouch and former Minister Bagnold threw him into Azkaban without a trial. I have all the evidence Lords and Ladies, however the extent of his guilt is yours to decide. I have prepared the medical history of Lady Potter, as well as the transactions from her vaults at Gringotts. I also have the sworn testimony of one Severus Snape, the man who overheard the prophecy." As folders flew to the members of the wizgamot.
"Order! Order!" The shouting stopped as Madame bones got control of the room. "Dumbledore, you may make your opening statement."
The old man stood up. "My dearest friends and colleagues, I am innocent of the blatant lies. It is quite obvious that Miss Potter has fabricated this ruse to discredit me. I have only done what I thought was best for our world, for the greater good of everyone here." It seemed he had missed the first half of barrister Higgens statement. Madame Bones seemed to catch that as well.
"So to be clear, you are claiming innocence to the charges of treason, kidnapping, theft, child abuse in the forms of neglect, as well as child endangerment and conspiring to murder and commit line fraud?" The twinkle in his eyes seem to disappear.
"Yes." He tried to stutter out.
"The evidence has been admitted, due to the seriousness of the allegations I propose that veritaserum be administered to both Albus Dumbledore and Lady Evelyn Potter."
"I second the motion!" Lucious Malfoy called out. Even with the calm look on his face one could see the satisfaction in his eyes.
"Granted, Lady Potter please come forward."
She walked down the stairs and to the platform where her lawyer stood.
"I must object to this." The old fool protested.
Emerald eyes narrowed on his ridiculously colorful form.
"I have nothing to hide, an for someone who says they are innocent, you shouldn't either." A small smirk played on her lips. "I would even be willing to swear it on my magic, could you say the same?" She tilted her head to the side with wide eyes and an innocent about her face. Several in the observation seats snickered. Dumbledore scolded. Evie took a seat as a chair appeared from the ground this one without chains. She sat elegantly an and Auror Approached with the vial. As the potion was administered a hazy look went over her eyes.
"State your name and birthday for the courtroom." The Auror instructed.
"Lady Evelyn Rosemary Potter, Lady of Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin, heir to the House of Black, owner of Hogwarts. Born July 31, 1980 at 11:59 p.m." Those who didn't know of her heritage were shocked.
"Lady Potter, tell us what happened on the night of October 31, 1981." Many leaned forward, finally they would know what happened that night.
"My father and I were in the living room, he was making bubbles appear to get me to laugh before bedtime, Mother was cleaning up her potions experiment in another room. When she finished, she joined us, next thing they knew the wards had alerted them that someone was coming up the drive, father screamed at mother to take me and run he gave us both a kiss before she ran up the stairs. As she ran I saw him transform, but the door was blown open, he didn't last long against the dark lord. Mother cried as she barricaded the door, she had tried to apparate but couldn't, she whispered spell after spell, that she placed over me. He finally broke through the door. He told her to stand aside, three times he asked, three times she refused, he killed her, then turned his wand on me. It all happened so quickly, the curse rebounded and hit him, his body just seemed to explode on him. I now know what caused this reaction, it wasn't long until the first visitor arrived, Severus arrived. He didn't stay long only long enough to check on me and my mother before someone else arrived, Hagrid came into the house, and took me from my crib, as he picked me up my godfather Sirius Black could be heard downstairs crying over my father, he came upstairs just as hagrid was about to leave. He tried to take me, but Hagrid refused, on Dumbledore's orders he was told to collect me. He was just another person the headmaster failed. Grieving and furious Sirius went to go hunt down the one who betrayed my family to the dark lord. After that I remember stars, a flying motorcycle and then waking up to my aunt screaming."
"Lady Potter tell us about your living conditions at your relatives house."
"For the next 10 years of my life I lived in the cupboard under the stairs. I slept on a worn cot with a single blanket, the only things I owned were peices of rubbish that I had collected, my cousins hand me down clothes and my glasses. Every morning I was woken up forced to cook, clean and do any other chores my aunt told me. For the first six years there I didn't even know my own name, instead I was called, freak, or girl. It wasn't until I went to muggle primary school that I learned my name. I was starved, only allowed bread and water, then if I did any accidental magic I was locked in my cupboard for weeks. I was punished if I did well in school, any friends I made were chased away by my cousins gang. Their favorite game was Evie hunting."
"Tell me Lady Potter, how did you find out about the irregularities in your accounts?"
"I contacted Gringotts for a copy of the magical contract for the triwizard tournament, I figured that if anyone would have it they would. I also contacted my barristers as well as the DMLE, the goblins were very helpful when they realized what had happened, as was Barister Higgens. My letter to the DMLE however returned unopened. I had to go through other means to get the letter inside the ministry. I asked Mister Cedric Diggory for help, seeing as he was the only one in the castle speaking to me at the time."
"Lady Potter can you list the times that your life has been in danger, or others have been in danger on hogwarts grounds."
"My first year, there was the troll, the three headed dog, Voldemort masquerading as Professor Quirll, he tried to kill me twice, the first during quiditch when my prom went haywire, then at the end of the year when I confronted him over the philosophers stone. Second year, basilisk,chamber of secrets, Lockheart when he stupidly caused that cave in and acromantulas, third years, on the train when the dementors attacked me, during quidditch when the dementors attacked me, oh and at the end of the year when I confronted both Sirius black and Peter Pettigrew the dementors attacked me again. Then this year, I was entered into a tournament and forced to face a dragon otherwise I might lose my magic, so fare it's been a slow year."
The Auror shared a look with Bones. "The serum is wearying off, we will have to wait at least thirty minutes before she can be given another dose.
Then it was Dumbledore's turn. He fought but was eventually forced fed the serum. It wasn't long before all his secrets were revealed. His plea of innocence was proven wrong. He told of how he was so angry at the muggles who attacked his sister that he attacked them, his father took the blame and went to Azkaban, then he resented his mother for dying and forcing him to cancel his travel plans to take care of his siblings. He confessed that how he proposed his idea to conquer the world to Gellert, they made the plans, they planned to admit his sister to st Mugos and then travel the world, the only thing they didn't count on was Aberforth. He tried to stop them and Ariana got in the way to protect him. He told of how he had to spell his brother into an oath of secrecy, he and Gellert had decided to alter the plans, Gellert would be the face the one to conquer the world while Albus worked from the shadows corrupting the new generations that went through hogwarts. The Gellert had gone off book, and Albus had to stop him before he ruined everything that they had worked towards. He saw how he was revered after his lovers defeat, and used it to his advantage. He admitted to not stoping Tom Riddles decent into the dark arts. He figured that as the all knowing and powerful Albus Dumbledore he would never be defeated. Then if he defeated another dark lord his reputation would be better then ever. It was only a prophecy detailing that a child powerful enough to unite the wizarding world under one banner would be born that he saw his star dim. He planted a prophecy in a seers head and then obliviated her afterwards. The pedestal that held Albus Dumbledore was crumbling.
With the large amount of evidence Madame bones called for a recess. Dumbledore was taken to a cell and the spectators left the wizgamot chamber.