First Task

Finally it was the day of the first task. The day before had been completely irritating. People left and right decided to constantly ask her if she was ready or taunt her. She had spent most of her time, when she could, hidden under her invisibility cloak.
That morning she and Fleur sat talking to each other while they ate until Mcgonagall escorted them to the champions tent. They each waited silently.
"If you are using charms, lead the dragon away from their nest. If something happens and you make the dragon angry it could accidentally crush its eggs." She looked at each of them. "Do your thing get in and get out. Don't try to show off it could get you killed. Speed is your friend." The other three looked shocked but nodded their heads. They then started to rethink their individual plans.
It felt like hours before the adults came and the tournament was underway.
"Alright now gather round. Inside this bag hold the order and which beast you will be facing." He pulled a medium sized bag from his pocket and held it out. "Ladies first!" He said excitedly while holding the bag out to Fleur. She pulled out a small light green dragon with the number 2 hanging around its neck. Ludo Bagman then tried to hold the bag out to Diggory. The bronzed haired boy narrowed his eyes, so did Krum. Evie crosses her arms over her chest and glared at the older man
"I thought you said ladies first, Mr. Bagman?" His voice was uncharacteristically cold.
Bagman laughed nervously and brought the bag to the only other female champion. While glaring at the man she reach in her hand and withdrew her dragon. The little Hungarian Horntail had a little four around its neck. Next Cedric drew his Swedish short snout with the number 1 and Viktor drew his Chinese Fireball with the number 3.
"Excellent! Now when the cannon sounds you will go forth and try to retrieve the golden egg from the dragons nest. Best of luck champions." The man seemed oddly excited to have four teenagers go against nesting female dragons.
As the adults left the four teenagers were left alone. "Good luck everyone, be safe." She told them before sitting down and trying to meditate. She needed to keep her mind and magic calm. She waited anxiously until it was her turn. Placing the little dragon on the table she made her way out the tent flap. Her eyes immediately found the egg nest. She carefully drew her wand and summoned the bag of meat. She quickly dove out of the way as a tail slammed down beside her. The crowd gasped and cheered as she ducked behind rocks. Luckily the meat was coming her way. Once it got close enough she grabbed it and quickly levitated the first piece of meat out into the open. The crowd grew silent as they watched what she was doing. Slab after slab of meat was put into the dragons path. Each gobbled up as quickly as the last. Seeing as the mother was now calm and distracted she dashed toward the nest and grabbed the egg before running back across the finish line.
"She's done it Ladies and Gentlemen. The youngest champion has done it." The announcer yelled out. "Before we move on to our judges scores. Miss Potter, would you mind telling us what exactly it is you did?"
"I soaked meats in a calming draught. Once the potion was in the dragons system it made it almost docile." Her voice carried.
"And where did you get the potions needed?" Skeeter asked from her position in the press box.
"I made it. I might not be the best at potions but the calming draught is one we were taught in second year. I've had plenty of time to learn how to make it correctly."
"Thank you Miss Potter. Now time for the Judges scores."
Karkaroff gave her a four while Dumbledor gave her an eight, with Madame Maxine trailing behind with a seven. Bagman and Crouch both gave her a ten. Making her score come out to thirty nine. The lowest of all the champions.
She would have scolded and shouted that it wasn't fair, but in her opinion she was just an unexpected addition to the tournament, she didn't care if she won or lost, as long as she made it out alive. She just simply went into the healing tent to check on her actual friends. She was stopped however by Ron and Hermione.
"Wow Evie you did great!" Ron told her. She kept her face blank, the two began to fidget.
"Look we would really like for things to go back to normal between us." Hermione said holding a book to her chest.
"Yeah we reckon someone really is trying to do you in by putting you in this tournament. So your going to need all the help you can get." He grinned.
Evie was taken aback. Did they really think she needed them? They didn't even apologize! "Alright, I will forgive you." The two smiled, it quickly dropped when she finished. "As soon as you apologize, and tell me what exactly it was that you are apologizing for."
"But we didn't do anything wrong!" Ronald protested. He winced as Hermione elbowed him in the ribs.
"Once you figure it out then you can come find me." With that she went through the medical tent flap straight into Fleur's arms.
She knew the part Veela had heard what was said.
"It will be ok. Do not let them bring down the joy you should feel, thanks to you we all made it out, with barely a scratch." Fleur hugged her tightly. "It will be ok Little sister."
Evie took a series of deep breaths to calm herself. "Thanks Fleur." She gave a sad smile to the older female.