The second task.

In the books the second task is on February 24, but for this story it's going to be February 4.

The day of the second task had arrived.
"Are you ready?" Draco's question seemed to snap her out of her thoughts.
"I think so, I've got my gillyweed and I know what direction the mervillage is in, so I should be fine." They, like everyone else, were making their way to the edge of the black lake, where large stands to hold everyone had been built.
"This is so stupid." She growled. "No one is even going to be able to see anything!"
"Just another thing to blame on Dumbledore." Draco teased.
He didn't know just how right he was. His father was a different man with the mark removed, he wasn't as cold and their family structure had changed. It was a happy change just like it was for a majority of the other Slytherin as well.
They went their separate ways as soon as Evie saw a distraught Fleur. Rushing over she tried to calm the panicked Veela.
"They took her! They took Gabby! She's down their now! What if something goes wrong?" Evie just barely understood each word she said.
Suddenly a horrible thought occurred to Evie, did potions effect Veela Differently? She glanced around and located several Aurors and her lawyers in the crowd. Today would be the day, she just had to get through this task first. "Fleur do potions work normally on part veela's as they do full humans?"
"No, potions tend to lose their effects quicker. Since we are creatures of fire, our bodies run hotter, it burns the potions off faster. Why do you ask?" She gave her raven haired friend a calculating look.
"I have a theory but I need to ask someone else a question first." With a nod the French witch went back to pacing and biting her usually perfect nails. Evie however  made her way over to Severus.
"Did you make the potions to put the hostages under?" He looked at her curiously but nodded. "Did you make one that counteracted the veelas metabolism?" He paled.
"Shit!" Now she was angry, very angry. If her fury she marched up to Dumbledore and punched him in the face breaking his nose. As he laid on the ground at her feet, Fawkes flew in and gave her the sorting hat, she drew the sword of Gryffindor from inside.
"Albus Dumbledore, you are fired from your position as headmaster. By the order of the heir to the founders and rightful owner of this castle, if you step foot on these grounds again, I will have you executed. Barrister Higgens, Auror Shaklebolt, he's yours now get this filth away from children." With a nod the two stepped forward. As they took care of him she walked into the freezing water about waste deep, placing the sword tip in the water she hissed.
"Hogwarts, hear my plea, children are in grave danger. Help me to rescue them, please." She could feel power entering her body and flowing into the lake. Everyone could feel the power that flowed into the girl infront of them. They stood still and silent as they watched her slowly raise her hands and the water pushed something towards her.
The water did as she wanted, it was bringing her the hostages, little Gabby reached the surface first. She was immediately engulfed in her sisters arms. As each hostage was deposited on the platform, Hogwarts withdrew its power. Using the last of her energy she also made her way to the platform. There she got a good look at the hostages. There was a young man from Viktors school. Her nose however scrunched up when she saw who was suppose to be her and Cedric's hostages.
"Who the hell choose our hostages?" She asked. All eyes looked to the ex headmaster.
"Of course, you are a bloody idiot! How dare you put a half Veela in the bottom of a lake with the wrong dosage of potion! Not to mention, thinking I would willing risk my life to save someone who tried to kill me! Literally everyone knows that Cedric and Cho have been broken up since November." Her knees buckled, before she could hit the ground both Cedric and Viktor gabbed her. "Barrister Higgens, I would like for you to speak with the French Deputy Minister, Mr. Delacour, ask him if he would like to add the kidnapping and endangerment of his daughter to the list of Charges that we are filing against Dumbledore."
"Right away, Lady Potter." He gave a small bow and left with the Aurors who had the old man restrained.
"I need a long nap." She said yawning. Several of her friends chuckled.
"You never do thing in halves do you?" Cedric chuckled from her side.
"You have no idea." She gave him a wink.