Part 20 - Your date with Twi

After you get back, you go upstairs to your room. Twi's date is next. He told you to wear jeans and tennis shoes, for whatever reason. He also mentioned that you would be outdoors, and it was starting to get a tad chilly, so you put on a long sleeved shirt. You also brought a jacket just in case. You walk downstairs, and Twi is waiting for you. 

          "You ready?"

            "Yup."  

            "Ok, let's go then." He smiled and held the front door open for you. You walked toward the limo. A crisp breeze flowed through your hair. The clouds hide the summer sun behind a blanket of grey. You shiver.

          You get in the limo, and pull away from the mansion. You travel out of town, into a more wooded area. Eventually, the limo pulls off the main road, and rumbles up and down over a gravel one. Once it comes to a stop, you notice a red barn covered in vines up ahead.

    "What is this place?" You ask.

           "Let's go find out."  Twi jumps out of the car and opens your door for you. You step out and walk up the gravel path that leads to the building. You get to the barn, and Twi pulls the doors open. Dust clouds the room, you cough and try to shield your eyes. You hear a sound, and slowly open your eyes. Twi is standing in the middle of the room, with two horses. He looks at you.

          "You coming?" He's petting one of the horses on its muzzle.

          "Oh, um yeah." You say breaking out of your trance. The horse he was petting was a light brown color. It had a beige-white mane and the same color above it's hooves. The other horse had a black coat with a sheen, with white above its hooves and on its forehead. You walk over to them.

          "This is my horse, Epona, and this is my other horse, the one you'll be riding."

          "Riding?" You ask.

          "Yeah, why else would we be here? Don't worry. It's not hard. They're well trained." He reassured you.

    "Oh, alright."

           "C'mon, we gotta get the saddles." You followed him to the other side of the barn. Twi pointed to the saddle that was yours, and went to grab his own. You attempted to pick it up, but you struggled because of the weight. Twi noticed, and walked over quickly to help.

            "They're pretty heavy." Twi laughed. You laugh and nod. He grabs the other side of the saddle and helps you carry it across the barn to your horse. Once you get to it, he nods at you to let go, and thrusts the saddle over the horse's back. He adjusts it, then dusts off his hands. "Alrighty, now we need the bridle." You put it on your horse, then Twi gets his set up.

           "Ok, we're all good. You need help getting on top?"

           "No it's fine." You jump up and kick your leg over the horse, and situate yourself on the saddle.

           "Ok, now just grab the reins and follow me." You do as he says, and follow Twi out the back doors and into a flat field. "Basically, to make them go faster, just say hyah, and kick your legs a bit. When they run make sure to hold on tight with your legs, and keep your feet in the stirrups. Everyone would beat me up if you got hurt, and I wouldn't blame them for it." He smiled. "Ready to try?" You nod.

          "Hyah." You kick your horse lightly, and it starts to trot.

          "There you go." Twi trots behind you. "Do it again." Once you do, your horse goes faster. You make sure to hold on, and guide your horse carefully in a circle. "Ok, now lightly pull back to stop." Twi yells over the sound of the hooves.