chapter 8 | lies

After that night, you longed for Tuesdays even more. The following week, you and Suna went out again, and the next and so on, and every time it was surreal. Tuesdays that you dread became your most anticipated day of the week.

The rendezvous with Suna became a routine for the both of you. Whenever you would arrive at the train station, he would be already there. Standing impatiently with a flower in hand.

Every. Single. Time.

He would carry your bag and try to be a gentleman. During colder nights, he would take your hand and put it inside his pocket to keep it warm. You teased him for that and he would mutter a few curses here and there but won't let go of you anyways.

"Bokuto-san, I'm leaving now." You fixed your things and hummed to a song that also belonged in the playlist Suna made you. You never admitted to Suna that you listen to it every day even when it's becoming repetitive.

Bokuto stared at you without you noticing. He was sure something changed about you this past few weeks. You were talking more than usual. You are still reserved though and still not comfortable with crowded places but there was something about you that Bokuto noticed.

You lightly tapped his back, signaling that you're going. "Please don't overwork yourself."

"I won't." He smiled at you. "Enjoy Y/N." Bokuto grinned giddily, you pretended not to hear and scurried down the building.

On the way, you passed by Akaashi and he asked if Bokuto was still in the office. Which you informed him that Bokuto was now alone and planning to overtime at work again. Akaashi sighed and went up to his friend. Feeling relieved, Bokuto immediately hugged the black-haired boy when he saw him.

Meanwhile, you arrived at the station, but the person you were hoping to see wasn't there yet. You checked the time.

4:59 PM

Oh. I wasn't late today.

You waited. You just stood there at the usual spot he also stands on when waiting for you.

5:26 PM

Worried, you fidget with your phone, checking your messages to see if he at least left one to cancel today. There was none. You became paranoid, thoughts running through your head. Your insides churned and your hands were sweating so bad.

"Hey."

You heard the familiar voice and you ran up to him, hugging him on the spot. Suna was caught off guard but managed to hug back a few moments after. Both of you stayed like that. Suna knew why and did not question.

It was the first time he was late.

"I was worried." A muffled voice came out from your lips as you buried your head in his sweater. "Where have you been?"

"I know I'm sorry." His embrace tightened around you. Biting his lower lip desperately holding back his own tears. "Was stuck in traffic."

He lied.

How timely it is. Just when everything seemed so perfect.

Tonight, Suna and you went to a drive-in movie date. Last week, he told you that he was planning something for today and it was this. He borrowed a pick-up from his friend and filled the back with blankets and comforters.

This was everything you never expected to happen in your life. Sure you've dated multiple guys, some were serious, some were just a one-time thing but it was nothing like this. Suna was the same, he has dated a couple of girls back then but none of them worked out.

The widescreen before you illuminated a bright white light before projecting the actual movie. You and Suna blended along with the crowds, in your own car fort. Munching on snacks and watching the movie while you make commentaries and theories about it, that Suna would protest to and then present his own.

Whenever you're with him, you feel at ease.