chapter 7 | like

After dinner the both of you decided to stroll around the city for a bit, stating that you need to digest the food you both consumed tonight. When in reality it was more than that but no one just wanted to admit it.

Even at night, Tokyo is still full of life. Lamp posts illuminated the sidewalks, relaxed footsteps filled the streets because no one's in a rush now, and doors opening and chiming leaves you glancing more than usual. The cold evening breeze delicately touched your skin, making you shiver a bit but even then you felt so warm inside.

Suna walked a bit forward from you, giving you a chance to observe his frame from behind. He was tall and his back was wide, but his posture is laid back. You assumed his built was comparable to an athlete but you couldn't quite observe well enough as he has a huge coat draped around him. He stopped in his tracks and turned to you

You also stopped walking, now facing him. "You look good in your outfit." Complimenting wasn't something you would normally do but because of your straightforward-not-thinking personality, you tend to blurt out things you would regret in just a millisecond.

Suna on the other hand didn't really know what to make out of the compliments you blurt out to him because it was very rare.

"Y/N tell me about yourself," Suna requested in a low and soft voice, almost as if he was whispering to himself. "Anything."

You were touched about the curiosity he has shown about you but at the same time the way he respects your personal life enough to ask even just common and general things about you.

"Well, I hate crowds that's why I don't ride the train at 5 PM every day, except on Tuesdays."

"Why only on Tuesdays?"

"Because the library I usually stay in to pass the time closes at 5 in the afternoon during Tuesdays." You stated.

"Ah that boring place." Suna shook his head and shuddered.

"Shut up." You glared and laughed at him which he also returned.

"What do you like then?" The latter asked, now facing in front of you. Slightly ducking his head because of the height difference.

"Uhm. Working, quiet places, food, cute and pretty things – especially *favorite color* ones – and interesting people."

This time you looked at him in the eyes. The tired eyes but filled with emotions, looking straight back as if piercing through your soul. Feeling your heart race inside your chest, you fixed the folded collar of his coat.

The more you spent time with him, the more you feel at ease. True, that you are weirded out by the strange attraction you had towards this man, but you did not want to push that feeling away. You embraced every tingle in your toes and butterflies in your stomach.

I haven't felt this for quite so long.

This feeling was something quite comforting for you. You didn't want to push it away, instead, you wanted it to stay.

"What about you Suna, what do you like?" You stared at him. The guy was caught by surprise when your usual blank expression turned into something else he couldn't quite point out. Also because of the fact that this was the first time you said his name, and that made his heart go in shambles.

He smiled and pulled you closer to him, holding your waist. Taking a chance in the midst of this aura you both are radiating. "Hmm. I like music, volleyball, dark-colored things, cigarettes, and partying."

You nodded but realized that he did not smell like cigarettes today, similar to the last Tuesday you were together. Instead, he smelled like musk, and you breathed that in. Intoxicating yourself with the scent.

"If you like smoking that much, then how come you did not hit one today?" You asked genuinely not knowing why.

"Because I'm beginning to like you more."