chapter 11 | thank you

"Suna," He stared at you with a questioning look. "I have to tell you something."

Right now, Suna's heart was pounding so fast and he feels like his lungs are running out of oxygen. He was almost going to open his mouth but-

"Thank you."

Suna stopped in his tracks and composed himself, hoping he wasn't too obvious. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for you, his face was really expressionless. Although his eyes were screaming thousands of words, you were too flustered to stare at those soulful eyes.

"Thank you, Suna. For taking care of me." You said shyly, "Suna... You took the time to get to know me, my friends, and even adjusting your schedules to fit in my daily routines. From visiting me in my job to waiting for me to go home. I want to do that to you too. I want to see life in your perspective."

Supposedly, with this kind of long speeches, people will get overwhelmed and cry or tear up because of joy. But that wasn't the case for Suna.

He wanted to cry but not because of the happiness that he also felt from your words, but because of guilt. He was loss for words, he pulled you close to him and hugged you.

Masking the tear that dare slipped from his eye.

"Are you free tonight?"

"I am. Why?"

"I'll show you what a part of my life looks like, Y/N." Suna kissed your forehead and dragged you towards the train station. "But first.."

"Mhm?" You played with his hands while walking.

"Can you say it again?"

"Uhh," You wondered. "I am? Free tonight?"

Suna laughed. That unique tune ringing in your ears. "No, not that! Baka."

"Call me Rintarou again."

You blushed remembering earlier. But you're too straightforward and a bit prideful to show the embarrassment you felt.

"Okay," You huffed and squeezed his hand hard. Suna whimpered at the unexpected pain.

"Rintarou."

THE MIYAS

"Are you sure you're fine with this?" Suna was worried. He knew you were uncomfortable with crowded places.

"I have you. So I think I'm fine with that." You looked at him and smiled because that was the truth.

You hated the crowds because it was noisy. The loud chatters and fun conversations made you nostalgic. You longed to hear noises but not from those voices. It reminded you so much of your family and it pained you to not experience that sound by the time you get home.

But Suna filled that hole in your life. A quiet guy who made your heart chaotic. He brought music to your life again. You had someone to eat dinner with, someone to experience train rides, and someone to be noisy with.

Suna was someone to be wholesome with.

"I'm okay with it, Rintarou." You tugged his sleeves. "Let's go."

As you both entered the club, the flashy neon lights danced around together with the people on the dance floor. Your heart thump synchronizing with the beats blasting from the massive speakers.

Meanwhile, the boy next to you was sweating. But not with the tight space around you, not with the lack of air, not with you holding his hands.

But because he was nervous.

Something doesn't feel right.