chapter 3 | pretty

A week has passed since you met that guy in the train station. Several times he'd cross your mind but it won't linger for too long.

"Are you always this kind of person?" The guy asked, raising his eyebrows. "A pretentious one?"

You stared down at your work table and saw that the carton of milk you were holding was crumpled, leaving spills. You groaned and stood up to clean it.

"What happened Y/N?" Bokuto asked worriedly.

"I spilled milk."

"Pffft." Bokuto tried hard not to laugh but it was impossible not to. "Your monotonous voice makes it a hundred times better."

"Shut up and just help me."

The usual routine went on throughout the day.

You finishing your work shift in the morning,

"I think it's better if you apply more cool toned filters as to contrast with..."

"Yes, but I'm also thinking of.."

Then heading to lunch with Bokuto and Akaashi,

"Y/N-san, Bokuto told me you crushed a carton of milk. Are you okay?"

"It was nothing." You said flustered. "I have a question though."

"Spill!!!!!" Bokuto exclaimed.

"Do.. you think I'm pretentious?" Shyness evident in your voice.

"Just because you're kind and considerate, doesn't mean you are being pretentious." Akaashi answered and Bokuto nodded. Even though he does not understand what Akaashi meant.

"Oooh! Ooh! Is this about the guy in the train station you met?" You nodded. "Wow. I should meet him and ask for some tips."

"Why?"

"He was able to get into Y/N's nerves. That's really rare." Bokuto explained, sipping his coffee. Too carefree.

"There's no need for that, Bokuto-san." Akaashi pointed at your blank face.

Bokuto as the emotional and moody guy he sometimes is, panicked when he saw your expression. You and Akaashi only laughed at how petty and sensitive this guy is.

You weren't that bothered with the pretentious thing, it just made you wonder why did he think of such?

Then going back to work and finally went to the train station when it was time to go home.

Since its Tuesday, you directly went to the train station. Your thoughts wandering at work since the project you are handling is scheduled to be presented on Friday.

As you keep walking, you squinted at the familiar figure standing by the train.

Ah. It's him. The 'Pretentious' guy.

"Hey," Suna greeted you with a firm tone covering his embarrassment. "Last week you said you will return here."

"And I did." You responded plainly. "That's why I'm here now."

"I thought you were returning the next day and the following days after that. Why is it a week after?"

Did he check everyday if I was here?

"I don't like crowded places."

Both of you went on the train and you decided to just stand up to provide extra seats for the elderly. Suna who was about sit down, changed his mind and stood beside you.

He looked at you with utter focus, observing your every inch. Your hair, your blank but pretty expression, your soft gestures when dodging each person passing by.

She's be-

"What are you looking at?" You snapped at him, a bit annoyed and flustered. "Stop it. It's weird."

He smirked. "I'm not. You're just assuming it."

"I was literally looking into your ey-"

"You're pretty."

Badump

You both looked away from each other.

Shit. Why did I say that?

You don't know why that made an impact on you more than the last time he called you 'pretentious.' But Suna was just as confused as you.

Tuesday 5:38 PM

With which felt like forever, the train gradually began to stop. You started to move a bit and inched closer towards the exit. 'Pretentious guy' coughed and called you.

You stopped and waited, even though that's the total opposite of what your mind is telling you to do.

"It's Suna." You were about to say something when- "I know you didn't ask. But it's Suna."

You smiled at that. For such a serious-looking guy, he tends to goof up sometimes.

Suddenly, you noticed something.

"You stopped smoking?"

His expression went from smug to surprise. "I didn't."

"Just not on trains.. and starting now, also on Tuesdays."