chapter 12 | lonely

"Y/N meet Kita-san," Suna points to each person in his friend group. "Aran-san, Osamu and... Atsumu."

He said the last one with hesitation. Atsumu felt bad for what happened earlier, he realized he should have been more patient and understanding towards Suna.

That's why he kept his mouth shut in consideration of his best friend's sentiments when he told Atsumu about it. But that doesn't mean he will stay silent.

He cares for Suna the way a brother would. He cares for him like how he cares for his twin. It may be aggressive, not too showy but it's sincere.

"One last chance." Atsumu blurts out of nowhere. Everyone looked at him with questioning looks, including you. But Suna knew it was for him.

"Dumbass." The other twin rolled his eyes. "It's One Last Time."

True enough, the song by Ariana Grande was just coming to an end. Laughters burst out from the mini group inside the VIP area. Atsumu left for awhile.

You were having fun talking to Suna's friends. They were all quiet and composed unlike the Atsumu guy, but they are nonetheless still fun to converse with. Suna would tease you in front of them from time to time and they would laugh.

[Play: This Side of Paradise | Coyote Theory]

Ask me why my heart's inside my throat 🎶

Just in time the song played, you and the others went out from the VIP area to observe the party outside. But those who were once dancing wildly in the middle of the dance floor left one by one as the mellow tune played. Only a few couples were left slow dancing.

I've never been in love, I've been alone 🎶

"Hey!" Atsumu returned with drinks in hand. The boys rejoiced and you smiled at their enthusiasm.

You turned to Suna, only to see he was already staring at you. His intimidating eyes bore right through your soul. You couldn't take your eyes off of him too, because how could you when you were starting to melt in his presence, in his whole being.

You're becoming attached.

Finally, you're not alone.

Feel like I've been living life asleep 🎶

Atsumu nudged Suna indicating to ask you to dance. Suna broke his eye contact with you and glared at his friend. A faint tint of pink forming on his cheeks.

He held out his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

Love so strong it makes me feel so weak 🎶

Suna leads you to the dance floor. Others watching may think this is nothing, just two normal couples dancing to a love song. But in your perspective, it felt like you're in a movie. Living the fantasies of a girl hopelessly in love.

When did I get so cringy? You giggled to yourself.

Are you lonely? (Are you lonely?) 🎶

Suna took your hand and placed it on his shoulders. He held your waist while his other hand searched for yours. When he caught it, he smiled. Genuinely. His fingers softly interlaced with yours, sending butterflies all over you.

Our fingers dancing when they meet 🎶

Suddenly, people were in awe with the two quiet couple who were screaming their love on the dance floor as they sway slowly to the music.