chapter 1 | tuesdays

Hallways are always too crowded, too packed like a box of cigarettes just waiting to be opened. It is suffocating especially for people who resent crowded places.

You quickened your pace as you pass through the hallways of the building. Eager to reach your desk without breaking a sweat. As you continued walking, the crowds seemed to be drifting out your sight and finally you can breathe again.

Arriving at your desk you were greeted by a lively "Hey hey hey!" You mumbled a soft "hello" to acknowledge your friend.

"Judging from your facial expression.. Let me guess, you went through 'your mob of papparazi' again?"

You blinked your eyes in confusion. "What do you mean Bokuto-san?"

He then laughed exaggeratedly and told you that it was just a joke. You shook your head and began to start working.

Having a job can be stressful at times. From waking up early in the morning, taking early and late train rides, and interacting with difficult people at work. But your job is something that distracts you and keeps you occupied. It is like a safe haven you escape to.

"Hmm. That's a good one Y/N." One of the higher ups complimented your work and gave suggestions.  You thanked them and proceeded to apply their suggestions which truly improved the quality of your work.

You really like your job. Your workmates are approachable, the senpais are patient although there are some that are really hard to please, and the salary is enough to sustain your monthly needs.

"Ahhh. Nothing beats the tick of the clock when it strikes lunch time!" Bokuto exclaimed. "Come on Y/N! Let's eat lunch."

Bokuto dragged you along the hallways that are tightly packed again. Dragging your feet, you listened to him telling you about this guy that he wants you to meet and how the two of you are really alike.

You and Bokuto went to a fast food chain a few blocks away from your workplace, as he knows that you are not comfortable in suffocating places — places with lots of people.  The noise and vibrations really bug you that is why you try to avoid and overcome it most of the time.

"Hey Y/N, I would like to introduce you to someone and someone to you." Bokuto said smiling and you nodded. "This is Agaashi! Agaashi this is Y/N."

"Nice to meet you A-ga..shi?" You greeted unsure of the pronunciation while Bokuto smiles like an idiot.

Agaashi smiled shyly and bowed. "Hi Y/N-chan. It is actually Akaashi with a 'k.'"

"Oh. My bad. Bokuto, you should really work on your pronunciations." You lightly hit his arm. "Anyways, so you're the 'friend' Bokuto keeps rambling on about."

With a small smile, you left them as both boys feel their cheeks heating up. Bokuto, as the first one to recover, proceeded to follow you to the table while holding and dragging the flustered latter's hands.

You enjoyed having lunch with Bokuto and Akaashi. Akaashi was really reserved. He was also working in the same building, but was assigned to the literary department. Bokuto was the total opposite, he is loud and boisterous. He is someone you would have considered as annoying... Well if he wasn't Bokuto.

The last train ride will be on 7 PM.

Tuesday, 5:04 PM

Oh.

After your work shift, you always drop by the library to pass time. Trains are always so crowded too, so you try to avoid that. It is not like you have trauma or phobia in enclosed spaces.. it just makes you uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, libraries are closed by 5 PM every Tuesdays. Huffing out the cold air, you muttered to yourself how Tuesdays could be so horrible while walking towards the train station.

You bumped into someone and immediately apologized. The stranger snickered and you just kept walking towards the train, scrunching your nose at the smell of smoke clinging onto the stranger.