chapter 9 | past

Fascinated.

That's what you were during the whole time the movie played. But it wasn't because of the big screen in front of you, it was because of the boy beside you. Even though stars twinkled ever so lightly from where you are right now, you just thought that the person beside you was enough to make up for it.

"Stop staring. That's weird."

You looked away quickly and tried to be discrete, but you know you already got caught. The fact that he also imitated your way of saying that made you even more embarrassed.

"Who's looking?"

Suna chuckled and stared at you. Gradually his emotions became serious and your heart pounded.

His hand lightly touched your cheek. Caressing every flaw as if he treated it with the utmost care and fascination. "Were you worried earlier?"

You nodded.

"It brings back memories."

Suna knew about your family. Since you decided to be a bit more open to him. You told him about your family, how they left you with no warnings or anything.

Back then, you stayed home because you were having your final examinations. It was the year you were about to graduate so you had to stay behind to review for the final exams.

"Onee-chan~" An adorable squeaky voice greeted you early in the morning. You felt a weight above you and you slowly open your eye to take a peek then closed it again, pretending to be asleep.

"Wahh! I saw you open your eyes!" Your sibling whined. You laughed and hugged her after. She dragged you out of bed to go to the dining area.

Sunlight reflected through the windows of your home. The smell of your dad's cooking filled the entire dining area. Your four siblings chattering and snickering with one another, and you chiming in just to make witty remarks.

"Are you really not coming with us?" Your older sibling asked. You smiled sadly and shook your head.

"I wish I can but I have to study."

I have to make you guys proud of me.

"Okachan~ Why will Onee-chan not go with us? Why did you allow her not to?" Your sister nagged your mother for the nth time this week.

Your mother smiled at her apologetically and softly said, "Your sister has important things to do, I'm sure she'll go after us once she's done with it." She looked at you and winked.

"Okay children, and my loving wife, it's time for a feast for a send away party."

Cheers and laughter echoed around the house. Your siblings' nonstop teasing, your father's loud personality, and your mother's delicate voice are what your mornings are made of. It is what your home is made of.

"I'm sorry. There were no survivors."

And that's it. That was it. That was how your mornings ended. Standing there, clutching the plane ticket that should've been for being with them, you gritted your teeth with full remorse.

They didn't return nor even wait for you to arrive there. No warnings whatsoever. Just gone.

But it wasn't their fault. It wasn't their fault that they didn't text you. It wasn't their fault that on their way to have a little vacation break, the plane would malfunction and crash in the middle of the ocean. It wasn't their fault they didn't survive. It wasn't their fault that they didn't return.

Broken.

That's what you were. Mornings became hard to wake up to, and every day became horrible to live through. If it wasn't for that guy that delivered the horrible news, you would probably be dead long after. He came by every day to make sure you ate, you didn't appreciate it at first but slowly you got back to your feet.

Years passed by at the slowest pace.

You looked around your house for the last time. It was empty as if no one lived there at all. Distant memories were now all painted within the walls.

Nothing.

"Are you ready?" The guy asked you and you grunted.

You looked back one last time, allowing the memories to rush back. With a tear sliding down your cheek you whispered, "Goodbye."

"I'm ready Bokuto-san."

You moved to Tokyo and made a living after graduating, thanks to Bokuto's kindness. After earning enough income, you moved to another town just to live in a more quiet surrounding but still retaining the job you had in Tokyo.

Peace and quiet.

That's what you needed but not what you wanted.

Suna, who is now facing you, cupped your cheeks and leaned towards you. Your foreheads were touching, and it feels so comfortable being with him. Your Tuesdays never became dull again, heck it's even the best days for you.

Cold air seeps through your skin making you shiver a little. But with the warmth between you and Suna's breaths, and his hands cupping your face, you were more than happy to feel the evening breeze if it meant being like this.

"Thank you." You whispered. "Thank you for coming into my life."

Suna kissed your forehead and pulled you closer to him, now hugging you.

"No, thank you." Suna caressed your hair. "You drive me to be better. You don't force me but you make me."

"Because what's the point if I forced you." You smiled. "You won't be truly living if I did. Live your life the way it would be to the fullest."

"Show me."

"Huh?"

"Show me your life. And I mean not on Tuesday evenings or Tuesdays only. Not on train rides or dates." He took a deep breath. "I mean your life. What you normally do on a daily basis, your friends, your job, your routine."

"I want you Y/N. I want to live like you and with you. Allow me to court you in the way you deserve it."

And that's how your Tuesday longings were being fulfilled.