chapter 4 | interesting

"Tuesdays are the only times you ride the train right?"

"How observant of you, even though we only met twice." You glanced at him sideways. "Looks like you're interested in pretentious ones now?"

For others, this might have been considered an attempt at flirting. But as a straightforward person, this is nothing for you but purely a response.. and probably for Suna too.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'll tell you if you tell me your name." Suna smirked.

"Please." You rolled your eyes. "But to be fair.. the name's Y/N."

"Then the answer is, yes."

Tuesday 8:26 PM

Peace and quiet are what comforts you. Although living alone is undeniably very lonely. The feeling of longing is always there. To have someone to talk to at night, someone to laugh with, and someone to just be with on lonely nights.

I miss them.

You placed your dishes at the sink and washed them. After doing your chore routine around the house, you took a bath and started to relax in bed with your phone on hand.

It's too quiet at night. You can hear the crickets having their own choir, the soft whistles of the wind, the clicking of your fingers on your phone keyboard, and the trickling of raindrops on your rooftop.

It is when you are in peace and quiet that you feel more at ease. Missing someone should hit differently when it's lonely, but why is it that that feeling is more present when all that surrounds you are noise?

Suna Rintarou added you as a friend.

@sunarintarou  followed you on Instagram.

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at your phone.

"This guy is so weird."

It was unlikely for you to develop a feeling of fascination towards a person you just met, most especially in just a week. But for you, Suna was a bit interesting.

His serious facade and aura somehow contrast his flustered personality when interacting with you. He is truly intimidating, but it does not bother you that much.

His choice of words does though.

You accepted his requests and followed him back on Instagram.

This is so teenager-like.

You wondered to yourself at the strange attraction you have to this guy, but you were sure it's not in a romantic way though. At least not yet.

You shook your head, clearing your thoughts.

Suna:

Hey. What's up?

You:

Hello.

Suna:

Okay.

Seen

Two awkward personalities would clash at times.

Suna:

Meet me at the train station on Tuesday next week. 5 PM sharp.

You raised your eyebrows before replying.

You:

Are you demanding me?

Suna:

Meet me at the train station on Tuesday next week. 5 PM sharp. :D

You did not reply as you went on Instagram and scrolled through the stories.

@sunarintarou

"Yo yo yo! Welcome to Suna's story!"

You watched Suna's story on Instagram. There were a bunch of people who showed themselves in the video. Two of them looked alike, one had grayish-white hair with black tips and the other had very manly features but often kept a soft expression throughout the video.

Squinting at the screen, you realized they were at a club. Obviously with the neon lights, the girls, the cocktails, beers, and blasting music.

"So he's a party animal huh."

The next story frame was a mirror selfie of Suna posted 3 seconds ago. He was still wearing the same outfit he had on earlier, an oversized maroon shirt tucked in cargo pants. He posted it with a text.

'Tuesday. 5 PM.'

You feel your cheeks heating up so you turned off your phone and went to bed. Drowning yourself in the comforting stillness around you.

But for the first time in how many years you felt.. butterflies.

Meanwhile in the club.

"Why is she not responding?" Suna sighed frustratedly, as he threw his phone on the couch. He plopped down the couch, taking shots just to hide the embarrassment he feels, and constantly rejecting the girls that come up to him.

These girls can't really take a hint huh.

He is a usual guest in this club because his friends, the Miya twins own it. Which was probably the reason why he thought that the name of the club was lame.

THE MIYAS

"Who's not responding?" Atsumu asked him.

"No one."

One of the regulars offered Suna a stick of cigarette which surprisingly he declined, hesitantly.

Tuesdays should be no smoke days.

Atsumu looked at Suna with a funny look.

"Woah. That's the first time you turned down someone giving you a stick." The bleached-haired guy pointed out. Suna rolled his eyes and continued taking shots, getting more and more irritated every time he checks his phone with no reply from you.

"Having girl problems huh?" Atsumu shook his head. "You know, you could always ask for advice from Tsumu the great, the jack of all trades and-"

"The master of none."

"SHUT UP SAMU! You asshole!" Atsumu threw a shot glass at his twin. Suna did not care about the chaos they are causing. He is only concerned about one thing tonight.

"But seriously if that's about a girl, there's plenty of them here." Atsumu dramatically pointed the sexy girls on the dance floor. "I mean, you've never tried hitting on one of them before. Why don't you try now?"

Suna looked at his friend with a blank and serious expression.

"They're not my type."