5 august 2012

age 16

today was my first event, my first comp in the olympics. vault. god i hate vault. its the worst one, i dont know who came up with the idea to run full speed at a stationary object and flip and twist off it, to try and not move as soon and you hit the floor.

i was training in the warmup and everyone is so good.

but now was the time to compete, i was terrified.

we all lined up and as our names got called out and we stepped forward and waved as people cheered. i found it awkward, but i toughed through it. we warmed up and all that, everything was going alright, but i was still nervous.

but now was the time, the vault event. tomorrow is bars, then the 7th is floor and beam, and then the 8th is the all arounds. the big one.

it was about my time to go. i was with harry on the side.

"you've got this madds." he says but i dont know if i believe him. its been a bit awkward ever since ive seen him after the whole charlie incident. i still havent told him. louis the only one that knows. 

"god i hope so"  i say wiping my hands on my red leotard.

"you know how to do this, itll be fine"i say to myself as i line up to do my event.

now's my time

i begin to run and spring off the vault

i nearly stick it.

but i take a step. im bummed about it but its fine.

i stand off to the side and wait with my coach and harry/ waiting for my score.

the screen flashes and theres my score

Score: 14.950

i hug harry with relief. i was happy with that.

i ended up coming 3rd on vault. i was so happy with that, a medal.