Love Me Tender

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go

You had just gotten married to the love of your life. You had been dating Bucky for a little over a year when he popped the question. There was absolutely no way you could say no.

So here you were, dancing your first dance to one of your favorites; "Love Me Tender," looking into his eyes, as he smiled down at you in a way nobody else could.

You have made my life complete,
And I love you so

As you were waltzing around the room surrounded by your family; the earth's mightiest heroes, you couldn't help but think back to all the amazing moments that led up to this.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled

You were the newest addition to the Avengers, having only been there for a couple of months. Everybody was so sweet and welcoming.

Everybody except for Bucky.

It's not that he was rude, he just would not talk to you. You knew about his past, how could you not? But something else about him just intrigued you, to a point where you would try every chance you got to get him to talk to you.

Though, as much as you tried, you never seemed to get through to him. Until that night. That night that started it all.

You were just trying to get a glass of water. Simple enough. Apparently though, a very difficult task for you to do at one in the morning.

Falling on your face as soon as you stepped out your bedroom door, almost dropping your glass as you pulled it off the shelf, then spilling it almost immediately after you had filled it. And you were so caught up in yourself you didn't even notice Bucky sitting at the island watching you, and stifling a laugh.

For my darling,
I love you,
And I always will

"Having trouble there, (Y/N)?" He chuckled as he spoke, flashing his dazzling smile that you had never seen before.

"I, was... attempting... to get a glass of water." You said shyly, thoroughly embarrassed and stunned at the fact that he spoke first, to tease you nonetheless.
"Here, let me help since you clearly need it." He joked shooting you a playful wink.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart

Ever since that night your friendship with Bucky had grown so much. You were now full-time jokesters with each other, and you loved every minute you spent together. So the minute you realized you developed feelings for him was the minute you began to repress them for fear of ruing what you already had. It really did come as quite a shock when in the middle of your weekly movie night, Bucky kissed you and asked you to be his girl.

For it's there that I belong,
And we'll never part

"Ooh Bucky look! This is my favorite part!" You squealed as "A Knight's Tale" played on the screen.

"(Y/N)..." he started, seeming as though he was having trouble gathering his thoughts.

"What is it Buck?" You asked, concerned about your best friend.

And that's when it happened. He kissed you. And you kissed him right back. It was more perfect than anything you could have ever imagined. It was soft and sweet, while still filled with every emotion he couldn't seem to say out loud.

"Be my girl, (Y/N)." He said in a husky whisper as he rested his forehead on yours, with a look in his eyes that showed he really meant it.

"Gladly." You whispered back just before your lips connected again in another heart stopping kiss.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled

From that moment on, you two were inseparable. You loved each other so much, and everybody at the compound knew it. Tony even went so far as to betting Steve how long until Bucky proposed.

Bucky had taken you out to one of the fanciest restaurants in New York, and you were now walking in Central Park.

For my darling,
I love you,
And I always will

"You know something, doll?" Your heart swelling at the nickname as you hummed in reply. "I love you."  He said.

"I love you too, Bucky." You responded, not quite sure where he was going with this.

"No, I mean I love you more than the stars in the sky, the water in the sea, and the leaves on the trees. The whole time we've been dating, you've shown me what real love feels like, and I want to feel that, loving you, for the rest of my life." He dropped to one knee, pulling out a velvet box.

Love me tender,
Love me dear,
Tell me you are mine

"Say you'll marry me, doll."

After a moment of realizing that this was actually happening, you exclaimed, "Of course, Bucky!" With all the joy you could possibly feel.

He slipped the ring onto your finger, and you pulled him into a passionate kiss. And for a moment, you were the only people in the world.

I'll be yours through all the years,
'Til the end of time

Your fist dance was coming to an end as you smiled widely at the man you had fallen in love with just a year ago. And as the song played the last verse, he sang it softly to you as you swayed in his arms.

"Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled,

For my darling,
I love you,
And I always will"