part xxv -good girl

3 weeks later

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and for the first time in her life, Y/n understood. Despite the physical distance between them, Y/n and Tom could not stop thinking about each other. Perhaps Fleamont was right- there was some unresolved tension between them that only grew during their time apart.

After the closing of Hogwarts for summer, the Death Eaters had announced themselves as a full-fledged organization that sought to dominate the wizarding world. They started attacking small towns and then bigger locations such as the Ministry, which garnered attention from Minister Moon himself.

They were led by their infamous leader, Lord Voldemort. No one knew what this Lord Voldemort looked like; it was rumored that only the 'Knights of Walpurgis', or the lord's closest members, knew and they were forbidden to speak of him.

Y/n, after her argument with Tom, had not attended any of the meetings and refused to take part in them. Despite her official standing as a member, she had not spoken to Tom or any of his followers for the past few weeks.

She remained in her house with her family, cherishing the simple moments before all hell broke loose.

Suddenly, an owl arrived outside her bedroom window with a letter addressed to her. Upon reading the sender address, she quickly ripped the letter open and anxiously read its contents:

Dear Y/n,

Did you receive my gift for Nagini? My mother had taken up knitting recently and insisted on sending it.

In other news, my father and Professor Dumbledore have told me about the creation of an Order to defend England from dark wizarding forces. Dumbledore even said himself that I was skilled and knowledgeable enough to join the Order!

He asked me to invite another candidate I think is worthy enough to join, and the only person that came to mind was you. You're brilliant, extremely skilled, and bright, and I'd prefer you over anyone else.

If you do decide to join, please write me back as soon as possible! I must warn you though that joining the Order isn't simple- you and your family's lives may be at risk. You also have to miss out on your seventh year which I understand is a big commitment, which is why I am giving you the option.

But considering your previous standing with Tom - er or Lord Voldemort - I think you could provide us with valuable information.

I haven't told the Order anything about Tom yet since it is not my information to share. However this is crucial to saving the future of our world, and I implore you to join forces or at least give me permission to reveal this information.

- Fleamont Potter xx

P.S. My mum also sent more hats for Nagini- I'm sorry she made me!

Y/n chuckled under her breath before placing the envelope on top of the pile of other letters Fleamont had written to her.

Risk my family's life... She thought to herself as she pulled out a quill and some ink. Is the cause worth losing everything?

Before she could even put the tip of her quill to the paper, she heard the sound of soft footsteps behind her. Out of instinct, she quickly pulled out her wand from her pocket and pointed it towards the source of the sound.