Chapter 10 ~ Okinawa Dance

"Will this be ok for the dance, Kumiko?" Marie asked, smoothing down her shirt. Blue jeans and a purple shirt seemed to be good enough at Reseda, but Marie wasn't so sure in Okinawa. Apparently they wore skirts instead of jeans when dancing.

"Yes, that's great." Kumiko replied, walking in. She was basically wearing the same thing, except with a yellow shirt. "Ready?" Suddenly, there was a commotion outside, causing both Marie and Kumiko to rush out of the house.

"Oh my god." Marie watched horrified as Chozen and two of his friends took hoes to the gardens across Yukie's home, only stopping when Mr Miyagi appeared.

"My uncle say your three days mourning over. I have been sent to get you." Chozen explained with a wicked grin.

"Tell uncle I am farmer, not fighter." Mr Miyagi spoke, shaking his head. Chozen grinned, walking back over to the farm and continuing to destroy it with his tools.

~ ~

"Isn't this great?" Kumiko asked as the trio walked inside the restaurant. Marie was smiling, looking around at the crowded floor although Daniel was quiet.

"Yeah, it's nice." Daniel replied, not paying attention.

"Are you still worried about what happened this afternoon?" Marie asked, holding Daniel's shoulder.

"We came here to help Mr. Miyagi. And all this stuff, I feel so helpless." Marie frowned with a nod as they continued to walk.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do." Marie spoke.

"I guess." Kumiko ran off after spotting a boy she wanted to dance with, giving Marie the opportunity to shift the conversation.

"Can you dance like this?" Marie asked as the people around her and Daniel danced to upbeat music.

"I can try." Daniel replied with a laugh.

"One, two, three, four. Got it?" Marie instructed, standing in front of Daniel.

Daniel nodded, quickly grabbing Marie's arm and wrapping a hand around her waist, beginning to dance. Marie laughed at the suddenness, moving to keep up as Daniel spun her around twice.

He then grabbed both of her hands, extending his arms to spin her and wrap both of her arms around her own waist.

Marie laughed once again, spinning Daniel before releasing his hands, spinning around slightly as Daniel mimicked an Elvis move, making her laugh.

Their hands intertwined once again, pushing back and forth as Marie extended a foot to the beat of the music. They finally began spinning around again, laughing and smiling the whole time as they moved in and out, finally extending all the way with one arm extended.

Daniel pulled his arm back, pulling Marie along with it as he wrapped an arm around her waist and bowed her down as the song ended, making Marie smile again. Marie stood up, out of breath as Daniel loosened his grip around her waist, out of breath as well.

"Where'd you learn to dance like that?" Marie asked as they began to walk off the dance floor.

"I've been my mom's practice partner for years." Daniel explained with a chuckle. "Wanna get something to drink?"

Marie nodded, walking with Daniel up the stairs to the seating area. Daniel pulled out her chair, making her smile as she sat. "Thanks. Do you feel better now?" She asked as he sat down.

"Much better, thanks." Daniel said with a smile.

"Good." Marie replied.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Daniel suddenly asked.

"Sure." Marie responded with a chirp.

"It's kind of personal, though." Marie shrugged, nodding. "Did you...after we broke it off...did you get with someone else?"

Marie gave a soft smile with the shake of her head. "No...I just couldn't get with anyone else. It was because I didn't have the right person."

Daniel reached out, taking Marie's hand in his which made her smile. Suddenly, a beer glass landed besides her arm, making her roll her eyes. "Oh, no, not again. We're not lookin' for any trouble." Daniel objected.

"Maybe trouble looking for you." Chozen stated, glaring at Daniel.

"What do you want from me?" Daniel asked.

"My money back." Marie glared at Chozen, standing from her seat.

"He won that money fair and square. Honor the deal you made." Marie spat in anger. Chozen pushed Marie back, causing her to stumble and fall back into one of his friends, who held her back.

Daniel shot up, only to be grabbed by Chozen and thrown into the closest wall, a punch to the gut adding insult to injury. "Daniel!" The man holding Marie clamped a hand over her mouth, preventing her from talking.

"Come on, man, that's all my money." Daniel's voice was slightly rasped from having the wind knocked out of him.

"No. All my money." Chozen looked over to Marie with a smirk. "Don't worry about your little friend. We take her home." Daniel looked up at Marie, who gave a nod.

Daniel shot up, punching Chozen right between the legs while Marie bit down on the hand over her mouth, throwing an elbow into the man's face.

The pair simultaneously threw a kick into the third man's stomach before Daniel grabbed Marie's hand, pulling her away from the three men. "Comin' through! Look out." Marie then noticed the money in Daniel's hand, but she couldn't focus on that at the moment, keeping herself focused as she ran through the crowd.

"Get to the taxi." Marie stated, pointing to a nearby taxi. Daniel nodded, continuing to pull her towards the taxi. He opened the door, pulling Marie inside as she shut the door. "Tomi Village, please." Marie said quickly.

The taxi started up and began to drive away, prompting Marie to turn and look back at the club as Chozen and his friends left, watching them go. Both Daniel and Marie were too shaken to speak about what happened before Chozen interrupted.