Chapter 5 ~ Okinawa and Old Enimes

"It's pretty weird having somebody go through my stuff like that." Daniel said as he dragged his bag off the metal table in customs. Marie followed behind, a chuckle leaving her lips.

"At least you didn't have any dirty landry." She joked.

"Was this place here when you left?" Daniel asked, looking around at the airport. It was quite intimidating, or maybe that was because Marie had never been here.

"Miyagi leave Okinawa by boat. No airport Okinawa at that time." Mr Miyagi stated.

"That explains why you didn't have a passport." Marie concluded with a nod.

"Hey, I kept lookin' through my book.I still can't find your village." Daniel spoke, making Marie frown.

"How are we going to find it?"

"Ask taxi." Mr Miyagi concluded. Marie shrugged as she followed behind Daniel, almost running into him when he stopped suddenly. She followed his gaze to a poster of a man, Sato, chopping a log in half with only his hand.

"Hey, Mr. Miyagi, isn't that him? Can you break a log like that?" Daniel asked as Mr Miyagi looked at the poster.

"Don't know. Never been attacked by tree." Marie chuckled as Mr Miyagi walked away, following behind him through the airport.

"There's a lot of people here, Mr Miyagi." Marie stated, looking around at the crowded exit as they reached the doors outside.

"Okinawa very beautiful." Mr Miyagi explained. The group walked past people holding out signs and up to a guy holding a cardboard sign with Japanese written on it.

"Miyagi." Mr Miyagi explained, pointing at the cardboard. "Me."

"It is great honor. I am Chozen Toguchi. Yukie-san say sorry she could not meet you herself." Chozen explained. Chozen was attractive, Marie had to admit, and he seemed quite nice. "We have a car waiting for you."

"Car?" Daniel asked.

"Please." The trio followed Chozen to a beautiful black car, stopping as Chozen opened the door for them.

"You speak very good English, Toguchi-san." Mr Miyagi complimented, making Chozen nod.

"In Okinawa, it help to speak very good English." Chozen explained, his gaze moving to Marie and Daniel.

"Ah, my friends and students, Marie Johnson and Daniel LaRusso." Marie extended her hand with a smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you." Chozen smiled back, shaking her hand.

"Karate student? Well, welcome to Okinawa." Chozen spoke, releasing her hand.

"Thanks." Marie slid into the car, leaving Daniel outside to introduce himself to Chozen. "This place seems nice." She spoke, impressed.

Daniel slid into the car besides her, holding his hand. "Are you alright?" Marie asked, tilting her head.

"Yeah, I'm..fine." Daniel was clearly lying, but Marie didn't push him as Chozen sat down and started the car. He pulled away from the airport and began driving, nothing alerting Marie of anything uneasy.

"How you know I be here today?" Mr Miyagi asked as Chozen and another man fought over the radio.

"Okinawa very small place." Chozen stated. The car took turn, making Mr Miyagi furrow his eyebrows.

"Village south. Why, please, we go north now?" Mr Miyagi stated.

"Some things have changed since you go, Miyagi-san." The man driving stated.