Chapter 9 ~ Ice Blocks

"Hey Kumiko!" Marie exclaimed as she saw Kumiko walking in the village. Kumiko smiled as Marie jogged over, standing near another bridge.

"Hello Marie-san." Kumiko greeted with a large smile.

"Do you know of any sightseeing places around Okinawa? Daniel and I were thinking of sightseeing." Kumiko thought for a second, before he face lit up.

"The ruins of the castle of King Shohashi. On the beach." Kumiko explained. "Just be careful. Private property, owned by Sato."

Marie nodded. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

"When done, I give you ride into city." Kumiko added.

"That sounds great! Thank you so much." Kumiko bowed. "I'm gonna get Daniel and we're gonna head out. See you in a bit."

Marie ran from where Kumiko was standing back over to Yukie's house, where Daniel and Mr Miyagi stood by a fridge, most likely a broken one.

Marie couldn't hear their conversation, only watching as they both looked over at her a few times before Mr Miyagi guestered his head towards her. Daniel smiled before running over, walking besides Marie.

"Sorry, didn't mean to keep you waiting." Daniel apologized as the pair continued to walk towards the beach.

"What were you and Mr Miyagi talking about?" Marie asked.

"A refrigerator." Daniel replied simply.

"Mmhm. Sure."

~ ~

"Where are we going?" Daniel asked as the pair finally reached the beach.

"You'll see." Marie taunted as she reached the edge of a slight cliff. There was plenty of room to climb down, leaving no hesitation for Marie to begin the climb down. "Be careful."

"This reminds me of the Palisades." Daniel stated, beginning to climb after her.

"Was that in Jersey?" Marie asked, keeping herself steady.

"Yeah." Daniel replied with a nod.

"Is it pretty?" Marie asked, reaching the ground.

"Some of it." Daniel replied, turning around.

"There it is! The ruins of the castle of King Shohashi." Marie said, pointing at the sad ruins left of the castle.

"The Peace King." Daniel said with a nod.

"You know King Shohashi?" Marie asked with a slight smirk.

"Not personally." Daniel replied with a chuckle. "Why does it look so...run down?"

"Sato owns it now." Marie said with a frown. "In the old days, the O-bon dance was held here, but now every piece goes away. Sato sells them to the museum according to Kumiko."

"Sounds like him." Daniel replied with a nod.

"Well, according to your book, the legend states if you race up to the castle and win, your wish will come true." Marie spoke, redirecting the conversation.

"Oh yeah? I'll give you a head start then." Daniel teased, making Marie smirk.

"Oh that won't be necessary." Marie replied cockily.

"Excuse me?"

"Ready, set, go!" Before Daniel could even comprehend what was happening, Marie darted off towards the castle, leaving him behind.

Marie ran as fast as possible, a large smile on her face as she jumped over the small creeks in between the rocks before successfully reaching the castle. "I won!"