Chapter 20: Music Sounds Better With U

Chapter 20

Music Sounds Better With U

"Jordan?"

I woke up to find Ross's face inches from mine.

"Agh!" i shouted when my eyes fully opened.

Ross laughed. "Good! You're awake!" he gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and sat up. "I have a question for you!"

"Yep?" i asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"We're making a music video for 'What Do I Have To Do'!" he swung his legs over mine.

"How was that a question?"

"Will you be in it?!" my eyes widened. "All of us, including ryland, are supposed to find a different girl that we want to play our love interest in the video!" i raised my eyebrows.

"You want me to act?"

"It'll barely be acting!" he smiled. "Please?"

"I don't know..."

"Okay, we'll if you're okay with me kissing another girl for it then --"

"I'll do it!" i shouted, sitting bolt upright.

Ross's eyes glittered. "I thought you would. Oh my gosh, jord... Youll never believe who riker chose."

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! Did he?!"

"Yep! He asked BRENDA!"

After breakfast i went outside to get a breath of fresh air.

I found Carly crying around the corner.

"What's wrong?" i asked, sitting down next to her.

"Riker... He- he asked Brenda to- to be in the music video with him!"

"So?" i asked. The realization dawned on me right before she said it.

"So? I... I like- like him!" she gasped.

"Carly..." i wrapped my arms around her.

"I- I mean, i don't- don't really c- care i guess. No- no one likes me. No- n- no one..." she stuttered.

"Carly that's not true! I like you!"

"N-no b- boys..." she buried her face in her hands.

"What are you talking about?! Ryl--" i cupped my hand over my mouth.

"W- what?" she looked up at me, her eyes red.

"Ryland... Ryland likes you."

She stopped sniffing. "Really?"

"Yeah... Just you didn't hear it from me!"

"B- but i like RIKER!"

"But riker likes Brenda. I'm not going to sugarcoat it... Riker likes Brenda, he's too old for you, and that's that ok?" i rubbed Carly's arm.

"ok.." she stared at a cloud.

At that moment ryland walked out. "Er... I thought carly was out here by herself. Alone."

Ryland glanced meaningfully at me.

I raised my eyebrows. I rubbed Carly's arm again and stood up. "Hi to you too." i waved and walked back into the house.

I ran into Ross, who was just about to come outside. I laughed and grabbed his shoulder, pulling him over to a window that looked out to where ryland and Carly were sitting.

They talked for a while, Carly laughed a couple of times, and then Ryland leaned in and did the unexpected.

I gasped when ryland kissed Carly, and Ross cupped his hand over my mouth trying not to laugh. "Shh! The Window's open!"

I laughed and put my hand on his arm. He laughed quietly and we tiptoed up to his room, where we stood for a moment. Ross closed the door and smiled at me. "Ooh Carly's gonna have a boyfriend too!" he laughed and moved closer to me, leaning against the wall.

"She was just upset about no boys liking her, actually." i smiled thinking about their kiss. I wonder if it set off as many sparks inside of them as it did for me. Ross seemed to be thinking the same thing.

He combed his fingers through my hair and smiled mischievously.

I grinned back and he leaned in, pushing his lips against mine. A shiver ran through my body from head to toe.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he laced his fingers together behind my lower back.

I moved my hands slowly down his arms, then back up to his chest where his jacket was zipped halfway up.

I unzipped it slowly and Ross leaned closer in to me.

I quickly pulled his jacket off completely, revealing an "R5 family" tank top underneath. throwing the jacket on the ground i wrapped my arms around Ross's neck again.

He laughed and pushed against me, and i started waking backwards towards a wall when Carly walked in dreamily.

Ross and i started, our eyes flicking open, instinctively moving apart.

"Sorry! Am i interrupting something?" she squeaked, only just noticing us in the room.

I bit my lip and Ross grinned.

"So are you guys together now?" he asked, changing the subject.

"You didn't!" Carly gave us an exasperated look.

"Yeah we did..." i muttered, sitting on Ross's bed.

Ross sat next to me and pulled me onto his lap.

"Jordan! Ross!" Carly rolled her eyes and Ross and i left her alone in the room.