Chapter 18: I'm Gonna Run to You

As promised.... :)

Chapter 18

Im Gonna Run To You

A couple hours later, the doctor came in and checked Ross's injuries and told him that he was free to go, just he'd have to come back the following Wednesday.

"Yes!!" Ross pumped his fist in the air, smacking it against the low ceiling doing so. "Ow..." his voice got high pitched.

I laughed and said, "You don't need to break anything else, Ross!"

And rocky, ross and i left the building.

Ross's cast was small enough so that he could walk without crutches, so he strode confidently beside me humming McFly songs.

"Home!" he whispered to himself. "That hospital isn't fun when you're there by yourself. The nurses are nice, but nothing like close friends and family..." he picked up my hand and started picking at my nail polish as we walked.

"Ross!" i giggled, gently pulling my hand away from him.

he shot his hands in the air in an "I'm sorry" gesture, making me laugh.

As soon as we got to the Lynch's house, Riker, Rydel, and Stormie rushed out to meet us by the car. Ross had me pulled tightly against him, so as his siblings wrapped him in a giant hug, i was crushed in between them.

"Personal bubble," i muttered. Only riker heard me, and he squeezed closer. I rolled my eyes and decided to enjoy the breath-taking hug (literally).

When the six of us walked into the house, Carly and Brenda jumped out from behind furniture, yelling, "Welcome home Ross!" at an attempt to say it in unison, but failing miserably.

Ross laughed and ran up to his room, leaving the rest of us downstairs in awkward silence.

Ryland motioned to me to come over to him, which was strange since i never thought he liked me enough to even talk to me, but i went over anyway. He took me upstairs to Riker and Rocky's room and closed the door after looking down the hallway both ways.

"I need to ask you a question," he said nervously.

"Yep?" i asked suspiciously, eyeing the doorknob.

"Er... Does Carly have a boyfriend?" he blurted out.

"Carly?" i raised my eyebrows.

"Well... I... Um. Well, yeah. I mean, yeah. Carly. Yep. Yeah. Well..." he twisted his fingers together.

"No." i answered shortly. I started walking towards the door and ryland sidestepped in front of me.

"Would she like a boyfriend?"

I thought about it for a moment. Despite the fact that Carly was my very best friend in the world, i actually didn't know. I shrugged. "No idea..."

Ryland stayed planted to the spot. "You're not of much help." he crossed his arms over his chest and tapped his toe on the ground.

Suddenly the door flung open and knocked ryland backwards, and Ross poked his head through.

"Wasabi?" he glanced suspiciously at ryland.

I laughed and grabbed Ross's shirt collar. "I'll tell you later." and i pulled him away.

Ross put an arm around my waist and somehow we ended up in his room.

He laughed. "I see you've moved in," he pointed at Brenda's mat.

"Most definitely!" i laughed. Ross laced his fingers behind my neck and i his. He gently pulled me closer to him and smiled. Then Brenda walked in.