22

I woke up in the morning to Lando being naked next to me. My mind flooded with images of our bodies connecting last night. I felt butterflies in my stomach thinking of it. I got up and headed to the bathroom. Thankfully we didn't have to worry about condoms as I had the implant. I looked at my body in the mirror, you could see bruising on my hips from where he gripped onto my hips, I had a couple hickeys on my breasts but other than that, no marks were in visible places. I jumped into the shower to wash my body and hair quickly before heading back into the bedroom. It was race day today and I knew Lando would need to be up soon. I pulled out a white dress with red cherries on and puffy sleeves. I slipped it on over my nude underwear to make sure that nothing was visible beneath my dress. The top of the dress had a sweet heart neckline, so it covered the markings Lando had put on me. I sat on the bed next to Lando and rocked him lightly until he stirred awake. He pulled my body down into the bed next to him and spooned me, I giggled because as I tried to sit up, Lando would tighten his grasp on me. "Now now boy, you can't put any more bruises on me". He sat up quickly and looked at me with a serious face "Shit, did I hurt you? Oh god I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry please forgive me". He had gone ghost white "Lando its okay honestly, calm down. You didn't hurt me, its just marks of love from the night before" I kissed his head softly, and then told him he needed to get up and get ready for race day.

He stumbled out of the bed and into the bathroom, he jumped in the shower quickly so I sat on my phone. As the screen lit up I realise that my lock screen had changed to a picture of me and Lando from last night. His sister Flo took a picture of us while we waited for the food to arrive. Lando was kissing my cheek and I was laughing as the picture was being taken. It was a beautiful picture of us. I opened my phone to my Instagram deciding I would post that picture of me and Lando. I captioned the picture 'Amore Mio' meaning 'My Love' in Italian. I tagged Lando and then posted the picture and muted my phone, not wanting to deal with all the notifications.

Lando emerged from the bathroom and pulled out his McLaren team uniform. He chucked them all on and rubbed a towel over his hair to dry it quicker. I put on some makeup quickly before leaving for the day and made sure I was wearing the jewellery today. "You posted a picture of us?" Lando came up behind me and showed me his phone. I nodded my head and smiled "I should of asked if it was okay with you, but it was a nice picture and I thought it would be sweet" He kissed the top of my head and told me it was fine before going and sitting on the bed, he started to read some of the comments.

'This is so cute, I could be sick'

'Her necklace has his initial on it OMG'

'Eldo forever'

I laughed at the last comment "Eldo? is that our ship name?" He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess it is", I stood up and grabbed a pair of white and tan wedge heels, grabbed my bag, phone and paddock pass, telling Lando I was ready to leave. We all met in the lobby but my mum wasn't there. Apparently she didn't want to come today, more like she had a hangover and was too embarrassed to face everyone.

Once at the track myself and my family wished Lando the best of luck, I gave him a quick kiss and headed back to the private room. A few minutes later Landos family arrived. I hugged Cisca and Andy, apologising one more time to them for the previous night. They reminded me that I didn't need to apologise but either way I did. We all took the same seats as last time and placed our headsets on again. We started to listen to the different team radios as the formation laps began. Everyone was reminded of the strategies, who was around them at the start and the choices of tire. I could feel my heart beating in my chest as the red lights came on again one by one. My eyes flicked between Landos car and the lights, in my head I could see the crash he had in the second free practice and I prayed it didn't happen again to him.

The cars flew off from the start, but already a couple corners in, there was a crash and Landos teammates Carlos was spun after having a minor collision with a racing point car. At first I couldn't work out if it was Lando or not, I felt like my heart was breaking out of my chest until I could hear it wasn't Lando. I still felt worried as it was his teammate but the collision wasn't big and I knew he would be safe and able to continue racing after a quick pit stop. Verstappen unfortunately was out after a collision with multiple cars. A safety car was on track until lap seven and once the safety car pulled in, it was time to go again. I watched it unfold infront of my eyes. The rear of the back accelerated as green lights were shown around the track, however the front of the track hadn't accelerated yet. Multiple cars smashed into one another. Myself and everyone else I was wish were in entire shock. We were all looking to see if Lando had escaped it all and thankfully he had done. But Carlos hadn't been so lucky. The crash caused a red flag meaning the race had to stop. The cars already ahead of the pit lane had to go around the track and come back in whilst the track was cleared.

Along with Carlos being out, five other cars were as well. After a little while of waiting the race was ready to restart again. All the remaining drivers entered the grid again, doing a formation lap and returning to the grid spots that now belonged to them. The race restarted with Lando being in eighth position. The next few laps were uneventful, Lando managed to overtake a few drivers and by lap twenty eight he was in fifth. A safety car was called onto the lap from Stroll having a puncture and flying off the track, causing a red flag again as the barrier needed fixing. The race restarted again, Lando lost a place quickly in the beginning meaning he was in sixth place and he remained there until the race was finished. I got up out of my seat and told everyone I would be back shortly. I headed down into the paddock to find Landos room, where I waited for him to come in once he was able too.

After waiting a while he entered the room to find me sat in his chair. I got up and wrapped my arms around him. I didn't realise I was so tense until he was back in my arms. He rested his cheek on top of my head and kept holding me until I let him go. "I'm so glad you're back here safe. Have you spoke to Carlos, how is he after his crashes?" Lando told me he was okay hugged me again. We stayed like this for a moment until there was a knock at the door. His trainer came into the room, letting us know that he needed to do his cool down routine which consisted of stretches and massages. I said goodbye to Lando and headed back to my family and his, checking if they were ready to go as we were flying back home tonight. We all left the track and headed back to the hotel, I knew Lando would meet us later on when he was all done at the track. I got to our rooms and began to pack our things. By the time Lando had arrived, I'd gotten everything packed for us. We lay on the bed for a moment together. Neither of us said anything, we both were just comfortable in each others silence. A knock came at the door meaning it was time to go. We did a last check of the hotel room and made our way downstairs into the taxi. ready to go home.