02

I headed over to the head table and picked up the name cards placed in front of the six seats. 'Zak Brown', 'Andreas Seidl', 'Laura Bowden', 'Lando Norris', 'Carlos Sainz Jr' and 'James Key'. I wrote all of the names down on my ordering pad and headed over to the bar. I smiled at one of the young staff members that was on the bar today as he passed me a glass of water. Zak brown was the Chief Executive Officer, so top dog. Andreas Seidl was the Team Principal for the Formula One Team, Laura is the Chief Financial Officer, so she dealt with all the money - money, money, money. Lando Norris, twenty-one, driver and Carlos Sainz Jr - twenty-six, driver as well. I looked over at the bar tender, he was called Alex. He was prepping the lemons, limes and other fruits for the day. "Alex, do you know much about Formula One, I've only seen a couple races every now and then, do you know what this event is for?" He shook his head and carried on with his prep "Sorry El, I don't know what it's for. Its early to mid-season for their racing, Silverstone is this weekend... Perhaps it is just a morale thing for the team". He turned and looked at me with a smile. "Okay well thank you! I best get on anyway" I grabbed my glass of water off the side, checked over the tables to make sure everything was in place, did the microphone check for the sound guys and waited for people to arrive.

I got two of my staff members to hold the doors open for the McLaren party as they arrived. People found their name places on their tables and began to sit down, once a table was full, myself and Jack would head over to get their drink orders and then run them to Alex. Bit by bit the tables filled up; drinks were flowing steadily from the bar. Finally, the head table was full so I made my way over. "Good Afternoon everyone! My name is Eleanor, or El for short. I'll be your waitress for the day. Anything you would like just ask for me. So, what would you all like for drinks? If I get Mr. Browns first and I'll work my way around the table". Zak smiled at me with pearly whites and then looked at everyone on the table. "I think a bottle of Moët & Chandon would be perfect, Just five glasses however". I nodded my head and wrote the order onto my note pad. "Will there be any other drinks as there are only 5 glasses for the champagne?" My eyes scanned the table, people's eyes seemed to look toward the lad with wavy brown hair. He was staring at the table, zoned out entirely. The tanned Spaniard next to him nudged his arm. "Lando, would you pay some attention, please? The pretty lady wants your drink order". His eyes darted up and he looked at me. "Crap, sorry! Urm drink.. I'll just take a glass of Coke Zero please". I smiled softly at him, nodded my head as a thank you and headed back over to the bar. 

A girl called Lexi who was only 18, 4 years younger than me came up to the bar. She handed One of the other men her drinks order as she looked at me. "Girl, that boy on your table. He is pretty cute, don't you think?". She giggled as she nodded here head towards Landos' direction. I looked over my shoulder and furrowed my eyebrows. I could of done with not forgetting my glasses today. I shrugged my shoulders at her. "I suppose so. I didn't pay him much attention". Alex placed the bottle of champagne in its chiller onto a tray, along with the glass of Coke Zero & five champagne glasses. "If you need anything Lex just call me" I smiled at her before heading over to the head table once again. I leaned across Zaks left shoulder and placed the bottle into the centre. As I pulled away from the table Landos' eyes caught mine. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, it was as if he was staring into my soul. I blinked a couple times attempting to break contact as I slowly circled the table to place everyone's glasses. As I circled the table, I could feel his eyes burning into me, watching every move I made. I reached his seat and leaned over his shoulder to place his drink down. I could hear him breathe in as I was next to his body. "Thank you, Eleanor." His voice sounded soft and gentle. His hand grazed across mine as he went to take the glass from my hand before I put it down. My skin tingled at his touch; I felt my whole-body flood with heat. I leant back and stayed between Lando and Andreas. I took all of their orders for food and left the table. I caught Lexis' eye across the room. I widened my eyes and mouthed the letters 'O', 'M', 'G' at her. She smiled and continued with her work. The rest of the day dragged. I noticed Lando looking at me a couple of times, whispering things into his teammates ear every now and then. 

The end of the afternoon came around quickly as the evening began. Some members from McLaren had already headed off once all the speeches were done and over. We began to clear tables from people that had left. only two full tables remained. The head table and one for the mechanics. Myself and Jack signed everyone out for the day, all of them getting to take a McLaren goodie bag from extra ones that were made up. Zak settled the bill with Jack whilst I began to clear the mechanics' table. I took some dirty plates to the kitchen and tidied up the dirty glasses with Alex. "Hey El, I think your table is leaving". I looked over my shoulder as they all rose up from their seats and tucked the chairs in after themselves. I walked over to them, all of the members of the table shook mine & Jack's hand, thanking us as they made their exit. I followed Lando with my eyes as he left the room, he looked over his shoulder, nodded and then headed out. Jack began to clear the table down. "Eleanor, someone's left their number here for you". He passed me the paper. Eleven numbers signed off with the letter L. I stuffed it into my pocket and helped Jack clean up the rest of the table and the room, before settling the catering bill with Hilton Hotels.