19

Lando, Carlos, my family and I all made our way to the track the next morning as qualifying was going to start in two hours' time. Lando took us over to the hospitality sector for McLaren, where we were told someone called Anthony would be here to take us to our special room to watch the qualifying from. Lando gave me a kiss goodbye, said goodbye to my family and wished that we all enjoyed ourselves while we watched the race.

Anthony came and greeted us, he showed us over to the room and told us that Lando's own family was inside. Lando barely spoke about his family, I didn't really know what they were like. The nerves hit me as I pushed open the door and immediately, I was greeted by ten eyes looking at me. Landos mother came rushing over and hugged me tightly. I smiled, not expecting her reaction to me to be this. I hugged her back and then she let go "Eleanor, it's so nice to finally meet you. Lando never shuts up about you when he calls us". I laughed at her comment "Really? Lando barely mentions you guys to me, but you must be the wonderful Cisca, and then Adam, Oliver and let me see if I can work out who is who..." I looked at his two sisters and smiled "You must be Flo, and you must be Cisca". They both made dinging sounds as if I got a question right on a game show. I hugged both of his sisters and shook Oliver and Adam's hand. I introduced my family to them all before we took a seat. There was a long bar table at the edge of the room and then some stools, enough for all of us. The view from out of the room over looked the start finish straight of Mugello and on the other side was the garages and pit lane so you could see all of the action. There were some buttons with different team logos above them for each of them and then headsets attached. Each headset that attached to the wall also had the same buttons underneath them. My brothers put them on and started to press in buttons. All of a sudden, they called me over. Sean put the headset in my ears as Liam held in one of the buttons. Turns out they were to hear the different team radios.

I looked over into the McLaren garage where I could see Lando sat in his car, my family was sat on the left-hand side of the room, and I sat on the stool next to Landos mum, while the rest of their family sat on the right side. Me and Cisca chatted amongst ourselves about Lando and his past with racing. It was wonderful getting to hear about it all. He was lucky to have a mother like hers. We all had our headsets on as some cars started to fire up to get ready for the first qualifying sessions. I looked at Lando, I didn't know if he could see me or not but all I know is I could see him and my heart was full of love for him. I pressed the button for the McLaren radio, I could hear someone on their pit wall ask him if he was ready to go, Lando responded with a quick okay and was then released onto the track. I held the McLaren button in the whole time, I could hear all the updates he was given and by the end of the first session he had eleventh place. I felt so proud, I think me and Cisca were both bursting at the seams with it. By the second qualifying session, Lando was still in 11th, unfortunately just missing out on the third session. We all took our headsets off when Anthony came back into the room. He told us that we could head back to the hospitality section where Lando would come and meet us shortly.

I let his family lead the way back to where Lando was going to meet us with my family in tow. Once we got back, we all grabbed a cup of tea or coffee and waited for him. I spoke to both of his sisters whilst my family spoke with his parents and brother Oliver. His sisters were so sweet, just like him. They spoke to me about how I met their brother and what my interests were and I asked the same. I was so deep in conversation with them both that I didn't even realise that Lando had come into the room. I felt someone grab my shoulders, I squealed and turned around only to realise it was him. I stood up quickly and hugged him tightly, congratulating him on the eleventh position that he had earned. He gave a quick hello to my family and his and then rubbed his hands together in excitement. "So, I was thinking that all of us could go out for a meal together if you'd like. I've got a table booked for all eleven of us at a nice classic Italian restaurant." All of us agreed with him that it would be lovely to have a meal together so we all grabbed our things and got ready to head back to the hotel.

Me and Lando collapsed onto the bouncy hotel bed, we finally get to be away from other people, we can just be alone. I asked him about what I should wear tonight as my family would be wondering what they should wear too. He said to go smart but casual. I texted the family group chat I created for the weekend to let them know the same and that the table was booked for two hours' time at seven. I rested my head onto his chest, I could hear his heart beating softly, it was a comforting sound to my ears. I shut my eyes for a moment, just listening to nothing but it beating away softly. "Hey El... Can I ask you something?" I picked my body up and looked at him. He got up off the bed and reached into his bad. "Close your eyes". I shut my eyes as instructed and held out my hands next for him. I felt something be placed into my hands. "Okay, open!" In my hands was a large flat square box made out of black leather. I opened it slowly to reveal a gold dainty chain with two charms on it. One charm was the letter L, the other charm was a little heart. There were earrings placed in the box, one either side of the necklace at the top of the box. They were gold stud earrings with chain dangling off them and small hearts at the bottom, they were made to match the necklace. I looked up at Lando smiling widely "Wha.. what did you get me this for?" He sat on the bed next to me and brushed some hair off my shoulder before kissing it lightly. "I wanted to make the moment special, I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend?" I closed the box and practically jumped on top of him, I showered his face with kisses "Of course I will Lando!". He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me passionately. We stayed like this for a while, just kissing and holding one another.

After a while I got up to find something to wear tonight. I found a black cowl neck dress with spaghetti straps and a pair of black heels. I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, beginning to curl the mid to end section of my hair softly whilst Lando got changed. He came into the bathroom next to me and started to fix his hair. He looked so handsome and he probably didn't even realise it. He was wearing black suede loathers, black skinny jeans and then a black shirt with rolled up sleeves. "You look good in all black love" He smiled and continued to do his hair before leaving me to finish getting ready.

I got changed in the bathroom before stepping out into the bedroom again. Lando put down his phone and looked at me "Wow... you look gorgeous!" I twirled in my dress, giggling as I did so. The material clung to my body, showing off all of my curves in the best way. Lando held out the jewellery box he got me "You should wear this tonight; it'll look lovely with your dress" I took the necklace from the box and asked Lando to put it on for me. He turned me around, bringing the necklace across my front and then back around my neck. I put the earrings in and looked back at him "It's beautiful on you El". I gave him a quick kiss before we headed out of the room to meet everyone else in the hotel lobby.