11

I awoke in the morning startled as to where I was until I remembered I stayed over at Landos. I rolled over expecting him to be there but he wasn't next to me. I called out his name and heard a faint response from what must of been the en suite. He was in the shower. I grabbed my phone off the night stand, it had the charger in it which was odd because I didn't put it in. I checked my notifications. I had missed calls from Jodi and my Dad. I sent a group text out to the people I had missed calls or messages from, letting them know I was fine, but I was locked out so I stayed over at a friend's house. I sat in the bed and looked around the room. Landos clothes that he slept in were thrown onto the chair in the corner of his room, the sun was creeping through the blinds, sending lines and dots of white across the room. It was only nine in the morning, so I got up and made my way down to the kitchen. In the fridge I found some sausages and bacon so I decided to cook breakfast for us both. After hunting through the cupboards in the kitchen, I finally found two plates, and a frying pan to cook with. The hob was just a piece of black glass built into the counter top. There were multiple buttons so I just guessed it as best as I could. After a few minutes I managed to turn it on, select one of the hobs and got it to heat up whilst grabbing some oil. The bacon and sausages began to sizzle away nicely whilst I made myself a tea.

"What are you making?". I jumped at his voice, spinning round to find him standing in the doorway. He had a plain white t shirt on and some black denim shorts. I all of a sudden felt under dressed still wearing just his boxers and t-shirt. "Christ you scared me! I'm just doing some bacon and sausage sandwiches for us... that's if you'd like one? The meat needs to be used by tomorrow so I just went for it". He came over to me and kissed my cheek "Should be delicious, thank you". He went to the fridge and grabbed the milk out, pouring out a big glass for himself. I raised my eye brows at him. "Hey don't -" I raised my hands up above my head in defence "You do you Lando, I'm not judging you". I grabbed the plates and some bread, buttering them lightly before placing the sausages and bacon onto the the bread and topping it off with the other slice. I took his plate to him along with mine and sat next to him on the kitchen stool as we tucked into our breakfast. We spoke about the day ahead, Lando told me that he would have to head off to work in a little while, I said that was fine as I probably had some explaining to do back at home to my family.

"I'm so offended that you didn't even tell your family about me Eleanor Gaea" I panicked and looked at him, but I could see him trying not to laugh "Well it's fun to keep a dirty little secret is it not?". I took another bite of my food and kept my eyes on him. "Touché, but seriously, why didn't you mention me?". I stopped looking at him, I wasn't ready to tell him about my past, or how overly protective my brothers were or how judgemental my mum could be about anything I did in my life. "I just never found the time, I guess. I didn't know what direction we were heading in, and telling people always gets my hopes up, I just don't want something to go wrong between us, I'd feel like such a fool to tell them about you, but then have to tell them it's no longer happening." Lando took a sip of his drink and then turned his stool to face me. "Hey, come here", he put his hand on my leg and spun my seat to get me to look at him. He took both of my hands into his and kissed the back of them softly. "It's okay. I understand why you haven't told them yet; I have a hectic life and I don't blame you for worrying that something might happen, but on my end, I am not worried about us. I like you. I feel like I can be myself around you. I've met other girls and they only want to know me for my job or my money. With you, I can tell it's different. I honestly feel like we are heading in a great direction. I'm excited about it. Tell your family when you're ready to. I'll always be here." I leant forward on my chair and gave him a quick peck. "Thank you for understanding. It makes me really happy that you feel this way. I was worried I was the only one and didn't want to say and then have it be all awkward between us." He brushed a piece of my hair out of my face, giving me another gentle kiss before we finished our food. Lando left the kitchen after cleaning up the plates and returned with a pair of black joggers for me and my freshly washed dress. He told me I could wear the joggers home rather than having to wear a dress from the night before, and then I borrowed a pair of his sliders so I didn't have to wear the heels back either.

We arrived back at my home, everyone's car was outside which meant it was a full house. I looked at Lando, a worried look on my face that was noticeable from a mile off. "It'll be okay Eleanor, you can text me if you need me, if things go south or anything then I can come get you later. If I can't get to you in time because of work then here..." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys, he unhooked one of them and passed me it. "This is the key to get in through the kitchen door. I will text you with the gate code as well as the alarm code okay? You're always welcome at mine." I thanked him and gave him a kiss before getting out of the car and making my way into my own home.

Here goes nothing.