❦Prologue❦

(A/N: Forgot to say this is a modern AU and I know the plot might sound confusing at first but it will get better at the end. I'm also sorry if there seems to be plotholes I don't remember what I wrote sometimes 💀. Anyways enjoy this book if any question you can comment or DM me!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's POV
      Mommy and Daddy are downstairs greeting the guests. I'm still up in my room trying to get ready for my 5th birthday. I am very excited. While I tried to reach my clothes from my closet I heard a knock at the door.

      "Come in!" I shouted still trying to reach my clothes. Even thought I grew a year older I'm still short. I heard the door to my bedroom now opening, revealing Virgo.

      "Princess, are you ready yet? Your parents are waiting downstairs for you," Virgo asked coming inside my room to still see me in my pajamas. I climbed down from the step stool I was on and walked towards Virgo. I grabbed her hand pulling her to my closet.

      "Virgo, I need help I can't reach that dress," I said while I pointed at my favorite pink dress. All I heard next was Virgo chuckle and grabbed it to give it to me. Once she handed it to me I quickly ran to my bathroom to go change. Clumsy me though, I tripped. Virgo came over quickly to me.

      "Need help Princess?" Virgo asked helping me up. I nodded and we both went into my bathroom.

      After awhile of me trying to get my dress to be perfect I walked out of the bathroom. I went to my mirror and started twirling around. My pink dress had a fluffy skirt attached, so everytime I twirled it would twirl with me. While I was giggling at myself, Virgo guided me outside of my bedroom.

       "Come on now Princess. Your mother and father are waiting," Virgo said guiding me again towards the stairs. Before I reached the stairs I heard loud music and lots of people chattering. I peeked around the corner to see a whole party. A big sign caught my eye. I looked up at the sign and the words on the sign said "Happy Birthday Lucy!".

      Excitement built up inside of me. I was able to spot out mommy and daddy from up here. I quickly went downstairs and decided to sneak up on them. I slowly began to come closer to them, and when the time was right. I tried scaring mommy, but she found me before I even got to scare her. I just stopped in the middle of my act. You would think something is wrong with me. My hands were in mid air ready to pounce on my mom.

      "Oh! Lucy dear, there you are," my Mother said a she brought me in front of her. "Grandeeney this is my daughter Lucy."

      "Oh my dear! She's the cutest! Igneel look at her, she looks like she would get along with our son now," Grandeeney said while a red haired man came towards us with my dad as well. Behind them was a little boy. Looked like the same age as me I think. Hopefully I can play with him. As they approached us the red hair man greeted me. Remembering their names the blue haired lady was named Grandeeney and the red haired man was named Igneel. I mentally laughed. Grandeeney sounds like the word "grand" and "genie" put together while Igneel sound like the word "ignite".

      "Say why don't our kids go have fun while we talk?" I heard Igneel say.

      "Yes, we should. Lucy can show your son around the house," my father replied back. Igneel started talking to someone behind him while moving out of the way. Then I saw the boy again that was behind my daddy and Igneel. He had pink hair, a scarf around his neck, and a confused look on his face.

      Our eyes suddenly met with each other's. His eyes were a pretty kind of onyx eyes. They look very quite enchanting. After us staring at each other for a couple minutes, I realized our parents were not around anymore. I broke off eye contact and started to look around. When I knew they were off somewhere else I looked back and smiled to him.