I'm Scared

(A/N: Please play song when it says.)

>Three Years Old<

Nico's POV:

I opened my eyes. I looked around. It was getting pretty stormy out there. With the storm coming through it was hard to hear anything, but I knew something was wrong. We were supposed to get a few inches of solid rain. It would be a good day to stay in. Tomorrow is too important to miss.

Will was asleep next to me. He woke up to a huge clap of Thunder. It was only two in the morning and we were tired, but we both new our kids were scared. I could feel and hear it. A few whimpers here and there.

I got out of bed and Will got up too stretching. I went into their room. Dylan was crying. Michael and Bianca were hiding under their sheets. It broke my heart to see him so afraid. Lightning flashed again and the entire room was lit up in an odd way.

"Dylan, it's okay. It's just a storm. It's raining hard, but that's nothing to be afraid of. Daddy and I are right here. We won't ever leave you unless we have to." I said

He put out his arms and I picked him up. Thunder boomed making my ears deaf for a second. Will moved close to me rubbing Dylan's back. Both Bianca and Michael got out of bed hurrying over to me. They were hiding. Their faces were pressed into my legs.

"It's okay. Come here Bianca and Michael. Don't be afraid. We have you." Will said

He picked them both up. They buried their heads in his neck. Bianca was gripping his shirt. I got onto our bed and helped Michael up too. Will helped Bianca.

"Did you bring blankets?" I asked

They shook their heads no. I looked over to Will. I turned on a light, but it didn't turn on. Power outage. The winds and lightning probably knocked out the power. It's okay. We need to get the lanterns from the attic.

"Okay, Daddy and I are going to grab some things. Stay right here and don't move." I said

"No!" Dylan cried grabbing onto me

"It's okay. We'll be right back. Daddy's going upstairs to grab the lanterns and I'm getting your blankets from the shelf above the washer." I said

"Don't leave." Dylan said

"Okay, I'll take you with me." I said

I picked Dylan up and stood up. Will offered to take him, but I waved him off. It wouldn't be a big problem if I had to carry him. He was scared and that's all that mattered.

"Can we come too?" Bianca asked

"Okay. Do you want to go with daddy?" I asked

"No, momma. Can we go with you?" They asked

I nodded and kissed Will. Will had taught them to call me momma. It made me shake my head. I'm not a momma. I'm a dad. They could even call me papá. Nope. Momma it was.

I led us down the stairs. Dylan kept his arms around my neck. I made sure Bianca and Michael were careful when we went down without the lights.

I went into the laundry room grabbing their blankets. I put them in the heater that Leo had made. It would work at all times just in case. It warmed the blankets up. We waited for a few minutes before they got scared as thunder boomed.

Will came down with the lanterns and they gave us some light. I wrapped them in their blankets and we all went upstairs aided by the light of the lanterns. I helped them back onto our bed. We wrapped their blankets around them tighter.

"I'm scared." Michael said

I let them crawl over to me. I wrapped my arms around them nuzzling them. Dylan was still crying and shaking. He was really afraid. I know songs that used to calm me down. I could try one of those.