Meeting The Babies

Will's POV:

"Are you sure?" I asked

"I'm sure. He's going to be fine. He has a healthy heartbeat and he was moving again, so we think he will wake up soon." Evie said "He crashed for about a minute. We were able to revive him, but this hasn't been much of a rest. He hasn't woken up yet, but I know that his body isn't even close to fully healed."

I rushed over to her and hugged her. I squeezed her so hard that she had to pat my back stiffly, because she could barely move.

"Thank you so much. You're so talented." I said

"Do you want to see him?" Evie asked

"Yes please." I said "I can't leave them though."

I looked at our sleeping babies. They seemed so peaceful asleep. Nico would want to see them. I can't leave them. What if one of them woke up and started to cry when they were away from us?

"They will be fine. Go see him." Hazel said as if sensing my situation

I rushed out of the room behind Evie as she told me about how he was going to be sore. To be gentle and all that stuff. I assured her I would before walking into the room.

Nico was leaning back into the bed as he slowly sipped some water nodding his head as a nurse helped him asking questions. Evie collapsed onto a spare chair and started to sleep, because her powers had drained her.

I almost cried when I saw Neeks again. I was so afraid. He is my entire world.

"Neeks!" I said excitedly

"Sunshine!" Nico said beaming at me

"I thought I lost you!" We both said at the same time

I kissed Nico and nuzzled into his neck breathing loving the feeling of his warm skin against mine. Not cold and sweaty. Just the human touch. His touch.

A nurse picked Evie up and carried her out of the room so we could have bonding time together. Just Nico and I. It felt odd being that close to him without having a bump preventing us from getting really close.

"Where are the babies? The others?" Nico asked "I want to see them."

"I'll go get them." I said "The babies are beautiful. So beautiful. You did so well. They are so small."

"Please. I want to hold them." Nico said

I went to find a nurse and I asked about bringing the babies into his room. The nurse got right onto it, because she knew who I was. I was told to go wait in the waiting room for a few minutes.

"Is he okay? They wouldn't tell us." Hazel asked

"He's okay. Weak, but awake and alive. He wants to see the babies and all of you." I said

A nurse came in and so did another two nurses who were going to wheel our babies into Nico's room. The babies had only been comfortable in my arms and the girls could tell that they wanted Nico, because he wasn't able to hold them.

They wanted their "momma" as the girls put it. Babies like being held by their mom and they feel more safe when being held by others if their mom is near. Which is why they fussed when the others held them.

I went into the room and a nurse had put a pillow around Nico, so he could hold the babies comfortably. Nico heard a little whimper come from one of the babies and his eyes flew open. He sat up quickly.

"Ow!" Nico moaned clutching both of his hips

"Neeks, be careful. Your body needs to have a few slow days." I said