I'll Stay (For You)

Before I even shout out any platforms I want to say thank you so much. 300+ reads is more than I could've ever imagined, or even wanted. I've always wanted to be able to write and make something out of it and now that's happening and it makes me really happy. So those of you who read my stories have my heart, thank you so much. <3
—————————————————————————

go check out my other stories!!
@bloomingsky027 {TikTok}
@sky16494969 {Twitter}

—————————————————————————
> Playlist Dream X Reader <
> Heart Like Yours By Williamette Stone <
> Habits (Stay High) By Tove Lo <
> Riptide By Vance Joy <
> July By Noah Cyrus <
> Mr. Loverman By Ricky Montgomery <
> Lose it By Oh Wonder <
> Heartbeat Song By Kelly Clarkson <
> Bubbly By Colbie Caillat <
> I'm Yours By Jason Mraz <
————————————————————————
TW// Some triggers from past chapters may be shown here so be careful and stay safe :)
————————————————————————

Quickly after the fight began, it ended shortly after. Techno grabbed Dream and pulled him off of Sapnap and I moved to Dream sides and pulled him towards the bench we sat at. Techno stayed by Will, George and Sapnap. You stayed by Dream.

    "Why did you do that?" You asked him softly, dabbing the blood away from his cheeks. "You didn't need to hit him back..." You sighed as he winced away from your touch, "Sorry."

    "Don't tell me you're going to pin this on me now, he pushed me, I fell, you saw it." His tone was calm and his hand was red and bruised from punching Sapnap, "I feel like an a**." He sighed and examined his hand.

    "I am not blaming you, I am blaming both of you. That wasn't right, what either of you did, he shouldn't have hit you and you shouldn't have hit him back." You explained and continued rubbing blood away from his face, "I think we should go home after this, it's not great to be staying out after something like this. I mean, I am sure he does too, you guys are best friends and...why did that even start?"

    "I guess that's fair." Dream sounded mildly disappointed and didn't make eye contact with you once while you were helping him. "Yeah, I think so too, can I stay with you for a bit tonight?" He asked, completely ignoring your question.

    You continued cleaning his face with a paper towel, and then took his hand in yours to look at it better. You felt his whole body become stiff. "Of course you can." You nodded and ran your thumb over his knuckles, "That must hurt, we will get you some ice when we get home. Also, you didn't answer my question." You added the last bit with a soft laugh and looked at him, your eyes now locked.

    "Thanks." He chuckled and smiled at you with his body becoming tense once you took his hand. "I appreciate this, I am surprised you even want to help me." He ignored your question once more.

    "It's what friends are for." Even your heart shattered when you said that. "I mean, if I didn't help you, who would've?" You joked, he knew that. "Dream." You said firmly and looked at him in the eyes. You couldn't even function when you looked at him like that, his eyes made you weak at the knees and put your stomach in a knot. "My question."

    "Yeah, you're right." Dream paused and pulled his hand away from your grasp, then began to walk away swiftly, he talked with his back turned to you. "You know, I think I am going to check on Sapnap. I feel bad and maybe now is a good ti—"

    "Clay!" You interrupted and got up to follow him. "Now is not a good time, I'm talking to you!" You jogged after him since his long legs gave him a bit of a speed boost and when you caught up to him, and grabbed his non-injured hand to make him stop. "What is going on with you? Does everyone think I am that stupid to not see what's happening here? You would never just hit your best friend like that, and he wouldn't hit you! When I came here you told me how excited you were to see me, but when I came the first day you barely came out of your room! Dream, did you ever stop and think how everyone around you might be feeling? About us? About you and Sapnap? Does George even know what's going on?" You let out your pent up rage that you withheld since lord knows when, you just kind of exploded. You were grasping his hand, and yelling at his back.