I'm On My Way

http://discord.gg/y9mhG2H9

^ Discord Server to follow story and chapter updates! ^
——————————————————————————
> Songs for Dream X Reader <
> Sweetest Devotion by Adele <
> Faster Car by Lover Caliber <
> Maps by Maroon 5 <
> You Da One by Rihanna <
> Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi <
> Lover to Lover by Florence and the Machine <
> Someone to You by Banners <
> Complicated: Sung by Olivia O'Brien <
> Walking The Wire by Imagine Dragons <
> Just Give Me A Reason by P!nk <
> If I Can't Have You by Shawn Mendes <
——————————————————————————
TW// This story contains light swearing, light violence, mental health, and anxiety.
——————————————————————————
Sorry for the really short chapter! But, this one leads up to all the good stuff! I hope you enjoy reading! <3
——————————————————————————

     It has been a bit since you and Dream have talked about meeting up. At this point the seeming fantasy was becoming a reality. Plane tickets were being bought, a house was being rented, plans were being made. Everyone was stoked and there were much more people than imagined coming than previously imagined. Wilbur, and George were coming from across the pond. Quackity, and Karl were coming. Skeppy, and Bad. Then, you, Dream, and Sapnap were going. You felt bad because a few others couldn't come, but you would be sure to call them when you all were together, how could you not? Only a couple more weeks and you all would be together, it was the first meet up that most of you would be at and it just made your heart leap, and on top of it all...you would be able to see Dream, face to face. It made you feel like you weren't even ready to see him yet, you were panicked, you felt like you had to look the best you could and for what? Just for Dream?

    You got the odd thoughts out of your head and began pacing around your house. You were going to be gone for a whole month and didn't want to forget anything and even if you knew you had packed everything you needed, which you knew you hadn't yet, you would still feel like you were missing something. You even bought new clothes for this trip and honestly felt kind of stupid for doing so, you had plenty of clothes here why would you need new ones? But, you shut up with the worrying for now and continued preparing, you only had so much time left.

    This is how your days were everyday until the day you had to leave. Worrying, packing, occasional streaming and discord message after discord message. You sighed as you pulled your luggage out of your front door into the small mudroom you had in the front of your house, then you checked around your house to make sure you weren't forgetting anything. You locked your door and waited for the cab to the airport to arrive. You were so excited, but so anxious. This was going to be your first time seeing Dream and as the thought cluttered your mind your heart thudded roughly against your chest, you thought you were going to explode.

    As the cab pulled up, you loaded your things into the backseat as the driver helped you, "Thank you." You said to him as you pulled out your earbuds and listened to music throughout the car ride until you arrived at the airport.

    Then, the rush of the airport began. It always made you anxious, but it was going to be okay...there were just so many people. You held your things close, keeping your grip strong, one hand on your suitcase and one on your shoulder strap for your backpack. Each inhale and exhale you took was sharp and quick, you felt like you weren't the one in control of your body and the universe just took over for you. But, the universe got you through. Before you knew it you were sat on the plane, it was late afternoon, nearly 4 o'clock and by the time you got to the rental house, it would've been nearly sunset. You were tired from all the worrying, the rushing around, the packing, just...everything. The music continued soothing your ears and the afternoon sunlight beamed through the window and onto your torso. Your exhaustion took over and your eyes fluttered shut.

    You slowly woke up as the setting Florida sun crept through the plane window. No one was sitting next to you, but there was definitely a load of people on the plane, you just got lucky. You stretched and yawned then got up to get your things out of the overhead bin. Thrill and excitement filled your body, this all felt so surreal to you. You were doing what you've wanted to do for years, it was truly like a fantasy.

    Still waking up, you pulled your suitcase along. You had one earbud in, and one out so you were able to pay attention. The only reason you had your suitcase is that, surprisingly, it was light enough to be marked as a carry-on, which made you happy since you normally worried about losing your things. You passed over the shiny, white tiles that lined the airport floor. The soft yellow lights shone above you, but the main thing lighting up the large building was the sunset. You were used to the cold up north, so the warm breeze and golden sunlight was so comforting to you. You were so close, and the thrill really was beginning to shock your body.

    Once again, you got into another cab. This was it, the last thing you had to do before getting to your friends. Your heart rate was absolutely through the roof in the best way possible. You bounced your knee against the black floor of the cab that would take you to the house. Dream offered to pick you up, but you told him it would be best if he was at the house to wait for everyone. The sun set so slowly, and you loved it. It was normally dark in two seconds once the sun began to set back at your house. This was all so much to take in, you had never traveled to somewhere so sunny before. You traveled down the slick, gray roads of Florida, there were palm trees on the center-islands. You unrolled the window slightly, and took a deep breath in, even the air smelled warm, you were so happy to be here.

    "We are here." The cab driver said and glanced in the rearview mirror, "Do you need help with your things?" He asked as you opened the door to leave the car. You were really here now. "Oh no, thank you. I got it." You responded with a smile and placed you things on the sidewalk, then pulled the proper amount of cash out of your pocket to pay the man. "Thank you, have a great night!" He was friendly and gratefully accepted the cash, "You too, sir!" You waved to him and shut the door, as he pulled away you looked at the house and let out a shaky breath.

    You pulled out your earbud and then stuffed the pair into your pocket. It was a bit warm in your jeans, but you were going to change later anyways. You inched closer to the house, your nerves eating you alive. The house was a clean white with green-blue shutters and a matching roof. It was two stories, and had trees surrounding it, it was absolutely stunning. You carried your suitcase up the small set of stairs that led to a small deck, then stared at the front door, daring yourself to knock. You stood straight and fixed your hair. You couldn't bring yourself to knock, but you did, three times exactly, the door was firm, and clean, the paint was crisp and looked freshly done. There was a window in the door that wasn't exactly see-through, but you could see the colors behind it. The slowly setting sun glistened on the window pane as you stood there looking down at your feet until you watched the light from the inside flood out in front of you.

    "Y/N!" The voice said. You would know that voice anywhere.

    "Sapnap!" You squealed as you were pulled into a hug.
———————————————————————————

Author's Note: I hope you all are enjoying the story! I appreciate all who read, vote, comment and follow my work. It makes me happy to see real people interested in my stuff. There will definitely be another chapter coming out this weekend! That will be fun-filled and have much more stuff included! Sorry this one was so short again! Have a great day! <3