2- Reunited

It was now the next day, bright and early, as Pansy, Daphne and y/n waited for the train to arrive, side by side, leaning against the brick wall, overlooking the empty train tracks. They had already said good bye to their parents.

Students from Hogwarts were starting to arrive and it soon had a good amount of families.

"You know, we really need to study hard this year, we have to make it count." Pansy told them suddenly.

"I agree, we can maybe set up a day every week where we go altogether at the library?" y/n turned to Pansy, who nodded. They turned to Daphne and she was too busy reading a book.

"Daphne, how about it?" Pansy said clicking a finger in front of her face, which snapped her out of it.

"Guys, I'm thankful for magic and all, but why not just marry a rich wizard who is head over heels for you? Pretty easy, if you ask me." She smiled faintly down at her book and then felt pairs of eyes on her, and looked up slowly.

"What?" She said to her two friends who looked at her surprised.

"Daphne.." y/n sighed disappointedly, but Daphne had already gone back to her book. Pansy gave y/n a look.

"We need to help her." Pansy whispered. y/n nodded.

y/n opened her book and started reading. She started it over the holidays and it was really interesting. It was a tragedy, of course, probably the only thing that made her feel something. Sure, a normal love story with hiccups along the way was nice.. or pretty boring.

But a story where two people fought for love and died for each other, seemed better.

This story was about a simple girl, who loved a simple boy, but the love was unrequited, sadly. The girl tries to win him over, wanting to do everything for him, and to her, he seems to end up loving her back, but it is only to toy with her love; ultimately leading to the girls death. And it was all for him.

y/n sighed and closed the book. What an ugly ending. It was frustrating, how something as simple as love could make someone do these things. She furrowed her eyebrows and took deep breaths, watching the fog slowly enter the tall trees in the mountains, also watching the hot breath escape from her mouth as she breathed out.

Draco watched her from a far, on the left of her two friends, leaning against a brick wall, and watched her push off the wall when the train came, and she entered with her friends. So maybe it wasn't the lighting.. or the angle.

She looked really pretty.

Pretty was as far as he was deciding to go. He was not going to call her beautiful. Because.. no. He simply wasn't going to do it, because she wasn't, and he would die before he admitted it. His heart tightened when he'd seen her. What did that even mean? It felt so weird, in a bad way, and a good one.

Draco didn't know that his parents were smiling to each other. More like Narcissa kept smiling up at Lucius. She held onto Lucius' sleeve tightly and shook him around in happiness, while he just stood there taking it. Why had he told his wife again?

Draco turned to his parents suddenly and Narcissa quickly stopped, standing tall. He gave them a weird look. Draco wore a simple grey jumper and jeans, and he had let his hair grow out, it curled behind his ears, much like how it was last spring. Narcissa had just wanted to pinch his cheeks at how cute her son looked.

There was still a big crowd boarding the train so Draco stood by his parents while they started talking quietly to each other, hands in his pockets.

Blaise and Theo had poked their heads out the window of the train when his parents weren't looking.