7- Crack in The Wall

An odd crack in the wall. She looked inside, pressing her face as close as she could. It was pitch black. She put her hand in to feel around for anything and she finally felt something different. Less harsh than the bricks she felt moments ago. She tried to find the end of the new material and latched on the edge. She took it out.

It's a book.

She opened the page slowly and immediately she was struck with bad feelings from the first page. She didn't know if it was because it was in deep black ink.. She didn't know if it was because of how scarily it was written, or maybe it was what was actually written in the centre of the page.

"Draco Malfoy".

The way it was written, she couldn't explain it. It was kind of frightening to see, maybe a bit sad. Silly, right?

She should have turned back, closed it and just ran away, to avoid trouble, but somehow, she found her fingers shaking to turn the next page.

No. What the hell? It was way too personal to do this, and cruel, no matter how much of a bad person he was to others.

But it could be something that could change everything?

She opened it, somewhere towards the end, the recent entries.

It wasn't addressed to anyone, wasn't signed, wasn't dated.

It's strange the way being lonely can effect a person. When you're lonely, there's no one to comfort you when you feel down, so you only ever get sadder. And when you're happy you don't have anyone to share it with so it just kind of fades away. The worst thing is no one knows how lonely I feel. They look at my smile and assume I'm doing fine and don't need their help so they move on. I guess it's my fault because I don't show my emotions much. Ever only to my mother. But at the same time, I feel like I'm forcing my feelings on other people if I ever open up at all. Not that they care though. I don't know. I just really don't know anymore.

She looked at the words blankly. It seemed as though they were slowly moving, wiggling maybe, trying to escape the pages.

She couldn't find herself imagining him spilling this all out. At the same time, she found these words to be beautifully written. She looked around cautiously. No one had come back yet. She went back a bit, towards the front but not the first page and opened it.

When I was little I always thought it was crazy that someone would want to end their own life. But after these past few years of my life, I've been spiralling downward into this dark pit of despair. No matter what I do I can't seem to stop falling deeper inside. It aches. I'm never going to make him proud, never getting him to care for me, lost all my 'friends', and even if they only hung out with me because our fathers were friends, they'll never come back. I'm a disappointment to my family because of who I am. My teenage years of freedom and fun had become a cold and lonely prison of pain. And there only seems to be one way out.

She closed the book immediately and just stared at the brown cover.

She had her own diary, and would die before she let someone else read it. It was just wrong. She shouldn't have done it and now she felt guilty. It wasn't hers to read. She stuffed the book back in, so she wouldn't be tempted to turn another page, and put her hand over the small crack, sighing as she leaned her head in to rest it on the wall.

She had to get out of here, she could make excuses to her friends later. She pushed off and turned around towards the door.

"AH! MERLIN!" Y/n yelled, her hand over her heart as she jumped back from the fright of Draco Malfoy.

He looked at her, emotionless. "Good choice." He said coldly and moved to the side to let her out. So he hadn't seen her read it? She sighed in relief. As she walked past him with her head down. He put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her into the wall. It was anything but rough. He only led her to the wall and her legs just moved.