1- Diagon Alley

DIAGON ALLEY, THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL

Draco walked down Diagon Alley with his hands in his pockets, next to his father, both trying to go unnoticed.

"This was a bad idea.." Draco muttered to his father, turning a corner.

"Don't tell me that, tell your mother." He seethed sternly through his teeth. Lucius had to admit it to himself. He was smitten over Narcissa, he just couldn't say no to her, since the beginning of everything.

Draco didn't reply and just rolled his eyes. He really didn't want to come, he insisted he just send their elf but his mother wasn't having it, and sent Lucius to accompany Draco, much to his father's displeasure. But nowadays, Lucius did what his wife told him to do.

AN HOUR EARLIER

"But, love, we have an elf, we can send him-" Lucius tried nervously.

"-Nonsense, you're coming with him, and you need to bond." She whispered sternly to him, putting a cup in her light blue cupboard. She turned to him with a fork in her hand, pointing it to him. She had tried making herself busy, putting them away by hand instead of magic, as lately, there wasn't much to do anymore without Draco around. "You need to be his father, before he leaves and doesn't live with us anymore." She poked him lightly and went back to unpacking.

"W-Well about what do you suppose we speak about then?" He threw his arms in the air. "do you miss Voldemort?-" he whispered.

"-Lucius Abraxas Malfoy!" She slapped him on his shoulder. He backed away and she sighed. "I-I don't know," She said in a quiet voice, polishing a spoon. "what about his love life? I haven't heard a single thing about a girl at school since he started!-"

"-His l-love what?" Lucius sputtered disbelievingly at her and she nodded like it was most obvious. He stepped closer to her. "Don't you think, you should be the one to talk to him about such things?"

"No, you're his father, father to son, it only makes sense." She rolled her eyes at him.

"But-"

"-Go and accompany your son, to Diagon Alley!" She threatened tilting her head to the side. He nodded and kissed her hand, turning and yelling for Draco to come down, so they could go together.

PRESENT TIME

Well to say the very least, it was quite awkward between Draco and Lucius Malfoy. I mean, why wouldn't it be? Lucius was influenced at a very young age, it was just natural to teach his son what he knew of. Lucius knew it was wrong but he didn't want to die, he had a family, and he knew he didn't have a choice as soon as his dark mark (a terrible mistake in his teen years) started appearing on his arm again, he knew it was time.

The two walked to get Draco's uniform, glares and stares went their way, but they paid no mind. Draco suddenly stopped and Lucius didn't notice that his son had stopped walking, until a few seconds and turned back at him.

"Draco, come." Lucius ordered but Draco didn't listen, his eyes were fixated on something through the window of the store. Lucius sighed dramatically and trudged over to him, to go and look at what he was distracted with.

"Well? What is it?" Lucius looked through the window everywhere, but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

"Nothing.. can we come here later?" Draco said, his eyes still looked through the window. He was still distracted, and Lucius took this as his chance to keep looking.

There were just a few girls and boys in there, who he assumed to be Hogwarts students. Hogwarts students.. boys... and girls? Lucius' eyes widened. So, this is what Narcissa meant?