Part Eight

I was barely asleep when my alarm went off. I had been up all night thinking about today. I was going to see Alex for the first time since he left me and the thought of that made me sick. I got up and ran to the bathroom and threw up. It all got so real that my body reacted to all the stress I was experiencing. I sat down against the wall and I heard Meredith coming my way. She had a glass of water in one hand and with the other she opened the door. She gave me the water and came to sit next to me. she didn't say anything, she just sat there and took my hand in hers. I laid my head on her shoulder and she rested hers on mine. We stayed there on the bathroom floor for a couple more minutes and then she told me I had to get up. She took my hand and we went back to the bedroom.

"I know this is going to be a very difficult day but this is the right thing to do, he has to know. I will be by your side the whole time."

"Thank you Mer." Was all I was able to get out. My whole body was shacking from the nerves. I went to lay back down in the bed and slept for another 2 hours while Mer went to the store to get some breakfast and food for our lunch.

When I woke up from my nap Meredith had made the little table we had in our bedroom and took out a box of donuts. I went to the table and we ate our breakfast. We talked about what I was going to say to Alex and what I wanted to hear from him. I knew that he would want to be in this baby's life, he didn't want him or her to grow up like we did with one or no parents. I told Meredith that I would love for him to be in the baby's life because he is the father and the baby deserves both of the parents so I won't stop him. It is going to be hard to see him with his new family and then interact with our kid and just knowing that we could've been that cute family. I was still in so much pain from the way he left me, I did understand that he wanted to be with Izzie and their kids but I would've rather heard it come out of his mouth and not read about it in a letter. I didn't know how I was going to be when I would see him and or if I would be able to hold myself together, the only thing I know for sure is that this would be a very emotional day. I asked Meredith for some advice om how to bring the news to him and his new family. She asked me if I wanted to tell him alone and if she had to take Izzie out and talk to her or if I would like to tell him with her in the room. I asked her what she thinks I should do and she said that it would be better to just tell them together to avoid further drama. Meredith knew them longer than I did so I followed her advice, I was going to tell everyone at ones.

The rest of the afternoon we went to the shopping streets and walked around. Around 4pm we called a cab to come pick us up at this coffee place we were at and told them to bring them to the farm. I knew the road on which we were driving and I knew we were getting close. My heart started racing and I grabbed Meredith's hand. She looked at me and smiled giving my hand a little squeeze to tell me she is right there. I knew I made the right decision by taking her with me, she was always able to calm me down, no matter the circumstances.

We arrived at the farm and the cab driver stopped in the front of the land, we needed to walk our way up to the door. The walk took about 5 minutes. We stood in front of the door and Meredith looked at me asking permission to knock on the door. We knew they were home because there were 2 cars in the front, one of them Alex's. Meredith knocked at the door and a minute later the door flew open. We were surprised to see neither Alex nor Izzie at the door but this little girl giving us the biggest smile she could. We asked her if her mommy and daddy were home and she went inside calling them. A few minutes later she came back holding Izzie's hand pulling her toward us. When Izzie saw Meredith her face lit up and a smile appeared on her face. She reached next to me and gave Meredith a hug asking her what she was doing here. They hadn't seen each other in years. Meredith told her we came to visit and tell Alex something important. I had baggy clothes on so she couldn't see my pregnancy belly.

"How are you?" Meredith asked while Izzie let us inside. They talked on our way to the living room quickly catching up.

"Jo?" I heard coming from behind me turning around seeing him come from the hall. He looked at me with a surprised and confused loom on his face. He look behind me and when he saw Mer a little smile appeared on his face. He came over to me and gave me a hug and went then to Meredith hugging her tightly.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked looking at me.

"We euhm... I have something to tell you."

"Why don't you take a seat and I'll get you guys something to drink and a little something to eat." Izzie said crossing the room to go to the kitchen.

"I'll come with you, then I can see a little bit more of this beautiful farm you live in." As she said that she followed Izzie into the kitchen. When they came back Meredith and I sat on the big couch, Alex sat next to me in a big chair and Izzie sat next to Meredith, the two of them still catching up.

Alex looked at me and then at Meredith curious to what was so important that we came all the way out here. I looked at Meredith and she took my hand giving me the courage to talk. After a period of silence finally these words came out of my mouth.

"Alex, I am pregnant and you're the father."