Part One

I was sitting in the attending's lounge when I opened the letter from Alex.

Dear Jo...

I started reading and felt my tears steaming down my face. The thought that he left me came up sometimes but I never thought he would actually leave me.

"I have kids. I'm am their dad and I can't let them grow up without a father, you know I can't."

I thought about a conversation we had a while back about him having kids with Izzie and telling me he didn't care. The thought of him being a dad made me smile but also very sad. I knew he was doing the right thing but hurting me in the process.

I read the rest of the letter and saw that he left me everything. The last papers were our divorce papers. I couldn't process it all, it was all so sudden it felt so surreal. All of a sudden I get really nauseous and run to the bathroom. I started puking when I felt someone holding my hair up. I looked back and saw Link. He knew I got a letter from Alex.

"Are you ok?" He asked rubbing my back.

"No, he left me. I feel so empty." I said in between the puking.

"You are going to an emotional trauma, your body is reacting and making you feel bad." He said while giving me a towel.

"I guess..." I answered getting up.

I wanted to leave to go home when i got paged to the ER. The drinking will have to wait till later.

5 minutes later in the ER

"Bailey where do you need me? "

"Trauma room 2." She said. "Consult for abdominal pain."

I went to trauma room 2 and did the consult. There was fluid in the upper right quadrant. Me and Hunt were going to the OR for an exploratory laporatomy, the surgery took 2 hours and we had to take a part of the liver out.

End of the day

I looked at my messages and saw one from Mer.

From Mer: How are you? Do you want to come over to drink and maybe talk?

From Jo: I'm fine. I'll be there at 7.