Part 10

Veronica POV

Ive been with Betty every day except for when I have classes. I'll go home after school do some homework, but then I'll come here because I want to see her when she wakes up. I want to tell her I'm not really mad. I basically have, but to her unconscious body. It's been two weeks since everything happened and I still can't believe this happened. I mean the thought of me putting her in a coma. Or was head trauma? Does it have anything to do with her being drunk and driving. I was asked about that. "was she drunk? Do you know?" all I did was shake my head no and say "I don't know. No. She would normally call me if she was", they asked something again and at that time I was just getting tired of it. I just wanted to come in and see Betty for a bit and then leave to go finish homework. They also asked "And why were you out in the pouring rain at night?" I was on the verge of crying. All I told them was "I don't remember" and walked away from them. Like I said all I wanted to do was see Betty, and that's exactly where I am now. All of that happened like twenty minutes ago. It's Thursday again. Thank God. Just one more day of school and then I'll have the whole weekend of studying and trying to squeeze in time here. I am sitting next to her bed and just looking at her thinking how all this is my fault. I was arguing for no reason –over nothing- with her. I let her go out for weeks. I let her grab her keys two weeks ago. But then I also went to catch her before she drove home. If only I was a little faster to get there, but then I'd probably be the one in here and in a coma. And probably without her here.

She's so fucking mad at me and I understand why. I'm such a bad friend. But I've noticed that I'm the only one that comes and visits her. I texted her boyfriend on her phone. Then I also texted her two friends, nobody responded. What kind of friendship is this? You can't be bothered to even notice you're getting a text that she's in a coma. I didn't text her family. I figured once someone saw the text, they would inform them.

I had to leave since it was getting late and dark, and I also have homework. I don't want to leave her here. What if she wakes up in the middle of the night? Or in school time and she wakes up with no one there. Damnit! Maybe I can just skip tomorrow. No, I can't. I came to college for a reason and that was to go to school. But a human being is more important. Especially to me. All the ones in my life such except Betty. She's the only one that is actually sane. I'm barely sane from the life I've lived, but let's not get into that.

Once I got back to the dorm it was so quiet, and I hate it! Almost as much as I hate her boyfriend. I really hate this silence. It makes me feel like I'm going insane. I started doing homework and all that dumb stuff.

Once I was finished it was almost ten. I got around I took a shower, and got dressed for bed. I laid in bed doing nothing for about an hour. I checked the time. It's almost 12. I'm not tired. I'm too busy worrying about Betty. I want her to wake up, but only when I'm there. I want her to know I was there for her. I want her to know that I care about her. I would want her to know everything, but that can't happen.

It's the middle of December and she's still in a coma, and I still can't think straight because of it. Being too worried to think about anything else. Only one though crossed my mind. She might never wake up. I don't want to believe it cause it's basically giving up on her. I'm pretty sure the Doctor have they just have said anything yet. That have these looks on their faces like she's never going to wake up and I hate it. They need a little bit of hope. I'm sitting with her again. There has been no movement at all the whole-time she's been here.

I'm sitting in the room holding her hand when a doctor came into the room. I stayed seated and just looked at her. "we have some news about your friend" she said "what is it?" I asked "she has been showing signs of success and is getting better, but we are afraid she might now wake up. We can't be exactly sure about this, but I will give you an update in about an hour" she said and left. "She might not wake up" I repeated. Oh, my god. This cannot be happening now.

About two hours later she came back in the room with a sour face. This won't be good. "we have more news about her" I could feel my eyes tearing up already. She sighed. "we don't think she's going to wake up. Now we might keep her here for another week, but after that-" I quickly stood up. "no! You're not giving up on her" "miss we are not giving up on her we are doing what's best for her" "if you're trying to do what's best for her you wouldn't give up!" I said and sat down. The doctor left and shut the door. I grabbed Betty's hand and started crying a bit. "please don't leave me. I love you. I always have and always will. You may never like me back, but please don't leave me" I said grabbing her hand and just quietly cried to myself. 

A/N book belongs to VUGHEADBITCHES