Part 6

Another month later

Veronica POV

Once again Jughead is here. He's came every weekend for the past month and I can't stand it. Every time I see him, I just want to confess everything, to see if everything, to see of that would change anything and make her leave him, but it won't. I know it won't. She'll never love me... or even like me. That's how terrible I am. But she hasn't even seen that part of me. Or even heard about it. I feel like it would change everything in our friendship. The friendship I wish I could be more. But that's just it... a wish.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Betty giggling and walking out of her room. I smiled. "come on" she smiled. "where are we going?" I heard Jughead ask. My smile immediately disappeared once he said something. "Hey V, um Jughead and I are leaving for a bit" she said with a smile on her face. I nodded. "okay... don't be out late" I joked as she pushed Jughead out of the door. She looked back at me. "I won't be" she said playing along. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. She smiled back. "bye" I whispered and she left. the smile on my face, the half fake, the half real smile, went away. Thinking of her being out with Jughead kills me... since she's not out with me. I could only picture us walking together late at night in the park. Holding hands, smiling and laughing I could kiss her and she would kiss me back. I could only dream of Jughead being out of the picture and me being in it. Dreaming of us living together after college and married. But that's all its going to be a picture... a dream. Just that second an idea popped into my head. I'll go out too. I got up and walked back to my room. I started rummaging through my somewhat of a closet and found the perfect outfit. I found a black crop top, black ripped jeans and a black leather jacket I don't remember packing or even having. I found black heels too. I looked at my phone. 9:30pm. I got changed into the outfit and went into the bathroom. I out my normal makeup on, but with black eyeshadow, and left my hair down. I grabbed my phone, and turned off all the lights and left.

Betty pov

Once we got back to the dorm it was about ten thirty. Jughead and I were standing outside the door. "you can't come in now" I told him. "why not?" he asked. "because, one Veronica will be in asleep and two these are the rules" he sighed. "Fine. I'll be quiet as I leave" he said. I nodded. He leaned in and gave me a kiss. I kissed him back for only a few seconds. But then it also felt wrong, and I don't really know why. I walked inside with a smile on my face. All the lights were off. I guess she just went to sleep. I turned on the lights and walked into the kitchen and put my phone on the counter. I walked to the bathroom to wash my face and all of that. I noticed that her makeup was out of the bathroom and back to her room. Her door was shut. I knocked first to see if she would answer. There was no answer. I opened her door slowly and quietly. The lights were off, but the light coming through the window. She wasn't in her bed. She wasn't anywhere. Where could she have gone? So, I decided that she might be out for a bit or something and didn't want to bother me. So, I went to bed.

At about midnight I woke up at the sound of voices. I sat up a bit and rubbed my temple. I watched as two people walked by my bedroom door. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I got up and looked out of my door. "Veronica!" I whispered yelled. She looked back at me. The dude she was with looked at me then her. I can't exactly make him out, but whatever. She looked back at him. "Just go ill be one second" he nodded and walked into her room shutting her door. She giggled a little and walked over to me. I smiled slightly, but stopped as she stopped right in front of me. "what?" she asked a little annoyed. I could smell a bit of alcohol on her breath. I sighed. "what are you doing? And who is that?" I asked. She smiled and looked at me. "that is Archie Andrews. I ran into him at the...I don't remember what it was" she said. "okay well he can't be here" I told her "why not?" she asked annoyed. "the rules, Veronica" she rolled her eyes. "Forget the rules. You're such a good girl. Besides tomorrow is Sunday I'm fine" I rolled my eyes. "now in going to go back to him" she said walking to her room and shutting the door. "fine suit yourself" I muttered to myself and went back to sleep. It was kind of hard, hearing the giggles of Veronica. I still smiled when I heard her. She sounds so cute. But when I did fall asleep it was to the sound of her giggles, and her shushes, and laughs I could tell she was trying to keep quiet to let me sleep. I think I do like her, but it's not nor will ever be what she wants. 

a/n book belongs to VUGHEADBITCHES