Part 9

A couple of months later

Veronica's POV

I can't stand living with Betty and pretending to hate her when I don't. I like her, a lot. She's beautiful and amazing and smart and perfect. She is way out of my league. That's not only why, she's fucking straight. Her boyfriend is hot and I'll never be able to compete with that.

I'm currently sitting at the kitchen counter and Betty is sitting in the kitchen. It's a Friday night and I want to be able to do something, but I'm studying. She got up and walked back to her room. I didn't ask. When she walked back out, she looked like she was getting ready to go out leave again. "going out again?" I asked "yes" she said "I'm not picking you up again for the millionth time" I said annoyed. I am not annoyed and would be glad to pick her up again, but each time she's drunk. "don't worry you won't have to I have a ride" "you better not be driving" "what do you care?" she asked and looked at me. "maybe I do care" I told her. She scoffed. "you haven't cared in months. Why are you caring now?" "maybe I've cared all along" I shouted "yeah okay" she said and left. I rolled my eyes. No wait. I'm not mad at her. I'm not even annoyed at her. Wait she said she had a ride, but she grabbed her own keys. Oh, fuck! She'll probably be leaving by like twelve or one. I guess I'll stay up and go pick her up before she leaves.

Twelve thirty AM

I grabbed my keys and left. It was pouring rain and I was tired. Great! Not a good mix. I think that's better than being drunk and driving in the rain. I got in my car and started driving to the one place she always is when she's gone. About halfway there the rain got harder. It was getting harder to see the roads. I was crossing the road when next thing I know a car came running into the side of mine. The opposite side I was sitting at. I feel dizzy and sick. I felt my eye lids getting heavier until everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital room. "Doctor" is the first thing I hear. "that's not the first thing you want to hear when you wake up in a hospital room" I muttered. "no, it is not" the Doctor chuckled. "Veronica Lodge, right?" he asked. I nodded. "okay, I'm Doctor Patell. So, do you remember anything that happened?" he asked. I started thinking for a moment. "uh I was in a car crash" I said slowly. "Good. Do you know how it happened?" he asked "uhm no it was pouring. Who was in the other car?" I asked. "Yeah, why were you driving in the pouring rain? Do you have a job? Needed to get somewhere quickly?" I shook my head. "no. Who was in the other car?" I asked again. "so, you don't have a job" "no! Who was in the other car?" I'm so scared. He stood up. "I'll go check" he said.

After about ten minutes he came back in. "The person in the other car was Elizabeth Cooper" I started to freak out. "oh, my is she okay" I asked frantically. "We're waiting for the results" he said and started to walk out again. "wait what day is it" I asked "its Saturday" I nodded and he left.

I got out of bed. He never told me why I was here. Then a nurse walked in. "you need to rest" she said. "why am I here?" I asked. "hmm?" "where am I injured?" I asked. "you suffered a head injury, but nothing to serious" "may I be discharged?" I asked. "I'll go ask the Doctor" she said and left. She walked back in five minutes later with papers. "you may leave. Sign these" she said with a smile on her face. I signed. "thank you" "um can you tell me where Elizabeth Cooper's room is?" "it's right down the hall. Two doors down?" "wh-" I walked straight by her and into her room. She was still passed out or something. I went and sat next to the bed. I looked at her and looked down. How the hell did I end up in a car crash with her? That's not how this is supposed to be. Now if anything to her it's my fault. Just then a Doctor came in. I looked at her. "Hello, I'm Dr. Williams, and who are you?" she asked. "I'm just a friend" she was scanning my face. "oh, you were the other crash victim" I sighed and nodded. "yeah, but really, she is a friend" I said and she just smiled. "Don't worry I believe you. So, do you know of any family" she asked. "no, were just roommates, we never talked about that" I told her. "okay, well thanks" she said and started walking out. I looked down and sat back down. "is she going to be okay?" I asked. "yes. Why do you ask?" I looked back up at the Doctor. She was looking back at me. "no, tell me the truth. How is she?" she sighed. "she's in a coma" I just froze. "we don't know how long or bad it is but..." Everything got a little bit blurry and her words just fell distant. Then everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital room again. "okay, hey Miss are you okay?" the Doctor asked me. I looked around the room. I was still in Betty's room. The Doctor was stood next to me. I nodded. "yeah, I'm fine" I said looking at her "okay maybe you should rest" she said, I shook my head. "no, I'm fine. There's no need" I told her "you sure?" she asked. I nodded. I looked back at Betty. A coma? I grabbed one of her hands. "how could this have happened?" I muttered "I'm sorry, Betty. This is all my fault" I said. I felt a few tears fall down my face. "please wake up soon".

A/N book belongs to VUGHEADBITCHES