Part 5

Bettys POV:

How do I put this?

How do I put this? I may or may not like someone who isn't my boyfriend. And that boy in boyfriend may or may not be changed in a girl. Okay, I'm not going to lie I sort of like Veronica. Yes, I do like her as a friend, but then I also have this weird feeling like I like her a little more than friends. I figured it's just small friendship phase that's happening. But, whatever.

She sighed "is something wrong?" I asked "no, just done" I looked at her. What do you mean?" "Just done with school work. I finished all of it" "same. But, I still have some work that I still don't understand" "I can help you. What class is it?" "It's the one and only class we have together" she nodded "well, I can help you, let's go" I nodded "okay"

I sat at my desk with my homework laid across it. Veronica stood behind me. She started to slowly help me understand and helped with the questions. As we finished, she put her hands on my shoulders which made me jump just a little. She laughed "sorry. Did I scare you?" I nodded and smiled. "Just a little" "okay well do you understand now?" I nodded and she just smiled. "Great. So, what do want to do now?" I nodded and she just smiled. I shrugged. "I don't know. You?" "Eh I would probably just watch a movie" she said taking her hands off my shoulders. I stood up. "That's fine with me. I just need to pass the time" she smiled and I smiled back. "Okay. What do you want to watch?" "I don't really care"

she put a movie in and we watched it. We watched... I don't know even how many movies before we realised how late it was. "Oh shit!" Veronica said. "What?" I asked. "It's eleven thirty" I quickly grabbed my phone. It was actually eleven thirty. "Well, that's great" I said. "I know. And I'm not even tired" I nodded "same" she sighed. "Well tomorrow is Sunday so we could just stay up watching movies" I nodded "okay" and we started watching movies again.

I woke up and realised we all fell asleep on the floor. I also noticed I have Veronica in my arms. My eyes widened a little, but I also blushed a little. I slowly moved my arm out from around her trying not to wake her up and slowly stood up. "It's fine. I was already up" she said sitting up. "I didn't feel like waking you so I stayed still" I nodded. "Oh well you could've woken me up if that was uhh weird" I nodded. She shrugged and just smiled. "It's fine" she said once again. I nodded and walked to my room. I got around and got ready for the day and I walked back into the kitchen – living room. Veronica was on her phone. On the couch biting her finger nails. "You good?" I asked. She didn't look at me or say anything. "Hey V?" she blinked a few times. "Huh? What?" she asked and looked at me. "are you okay?" I asked again and walked over to the couch. "yeah, I'm fine. Why?" "I don't know. You just looked a little concerned and worried and distracted." I said and sat next to her. She smiled. "you're such a good friend. I wish I knew people like you back in New York" this made me smile. "aww thanks. That made my day" "mhhmm? I'm happy that I made your day" I felt my face heat up a little. I quickly stood up and walked into the kitchen keeping my back towards her.

Veronica pov:

Did I do something wrong? I'm confused because, everything was fine till I said I'm happy that I made her day, but she just stood up and walked away, and now I'm a little worried I said something wrong. I just sat there and looked at her "So, uh, what are you planning on doing today?" she asked and turned to look at me. I sighed. "uhh, I don't know. I guess just stay here and be lazy" she laughed a little. "I'll join with that. If you don't mind" I shook my head "of course not" I've decided not to say anything yet.

After about, I don't know, another few hour once again for like the billionth time this year her phone started ringing. I already know who it was. She got really excited as she looked at her phone. "it's Jug, I'll be right back" she said running back to her room. I sighed. Of course, it's him. I wish she could forget about him, but I know that's never going to happen. I would tell her everything from me being bisexual to me liking her, but I would rather date girls.

She came back into the living room and sat next to me again. She had a big smile on her face. "did he say something to make you cheerful?" I asked. She nodded. "yes" I rolled my eyes "okay" I said.

Betty POV

When my phone started ringing, I saw it was Jughead I got happy, but felt bad at the same time. I'm happy because I miss him. But felt bad because I sort of love Veronica. And now that I think maybe it's more than friends, but she doesn't even think the same. What do I mean by probably doesn't it she definitely doesn't? This is probably the worst time of my life. Liking my damn roommate, I can't believe myself. "did he say something to make you cheerful?" she asked. I nodded. "yes" I said just looking at the TV. I feel like every time I see or think of Veronica that it's like I'm cheating on Jughead and I don't know why. I need hell with this, but I can't tell my friends. At least not yet.

A/N book belongs to VUGHEADBITCHES