Chapter 20

The sun was shining through my curtains, warming up the blankets even more that covered us. My mind went back to the night before while my head laid on Luke's chest. I smile softly to myself. I could hear his quiet snores from above my head. It was peaceful. I move to sit up, using the sheet as something to cover me. He was so beautiful while he slept. His features relaxed as well as his body. I smile more and move my hand to run through his hair. Luke's head turns towards me and his eyes slowly open.

"Hi.." He says quietly, his raspy morning voice clearly there. "Hi." I whisper to him and continue to play with his hair. He moves his hand to mine and intertwines our fingers. I lay back down to continue to look over his face. "I love you." I say to him making his lips turn into a smile. "I love you too." He replies, continuing to play with my fingers. I was in absolute bliss right now. The sun lighting up his hazel eyes as they softly look at me. He moves his hand to rest on my stomach, the butterflies immediately moving around once he does. A simple touch from him or look could cause that. His voice. Anything from him. I lean my head on his shoulder softly. I could honestly go right back to sleep with how comfortable I felt. Plus, yesterday was kind of a lot.

"I can't wait for the day.. I get to marry you." Luke says quietly making me look at him. "What?" I ask, trying to make sure I heard him correctly. "I can't wait until the day you walk down the aisle to hold my hands and be pronounced my wife." I feel the tears form in my eyes a little as he speaks. He usually spoke about the future as he didn't know what he was planning. Luke always told me he didn't know what the future would hold. "The future holds us.." I say looking at him. He smiles and nods. "The future holds us together." He responds softly and holds me closer.

I finally managed to get out of bed and go see Julie and the boys. "What's that? What's that one?" Reggie asks pointing to my neck. My eyes widen a little and I push his hands away from me. "Don't worry about it." I say, his jaw immediately dropping. Alex smirks from the couch without even looking up from his magazine. Julie giggles from her piano as she watches us. Luke sits in the loveseat with his legs over the armrest, an amused look on his face. He was messing with the strings on his guitar. "Is that.. what I think it is?" Reggie asks, his face turning bright red. I laugh softly at him and nod. He covers his mouth and looks at Alex. "And we're just going to let them do that now?!" He asks clearly offended. I laugh more and shake my head at him. "What am I supposed to do? Ground them? Y/n, Luke, you're grounded." Alex mumbles and rolls his eyes. Julie has to hide her face in her hands because she's laughing so much. Luke chuckles softly and leans his head back to look at Reggie.

"Nasty boy. Nasty." Reggie says making Luke hold his hands up in defense. I sit down next to Julie as Alex quickly stands up and leans on the piano in front of us. "You're seriously not gonna give us the details?" He asks, leaning his head on his hand. "Uhhh, I don't know about that one." I say laughing softly. Alex raises his eyebrow at me.

"What? What do you want me to say? Oh my gosh, it was so good. Best sex ever." I say making Julie laugh at me. "Only sex ever." She comments as I glare at her. She smiles innocently at me. "That is true. How can you say it's the best if that was your first time?" Alex adds in and I face palm. My friends were annoying sometimes. "How do you know ghost boy?" I ask which makes him gasp. "I know that wasn't Luke's first time. He was kind of a player in the 90s." Alex says, I nod a little. That kind of made me feel a little insecure. He's been with plenty of girls and they were all probably better at something than me. Especially when it came to stuff like that in bed. Last night was the first time i'd ever done anything like that.

"Don't make that face. It was probably just as good for him as it was for you. I was just saying, it wasn't his first." Alex tries to reassure me. I nod again and give him a smile. The thought still in the back of my head. "I need a water. Anybody else?" I ask, standing up and walking out of the studio. Luke notices something off and stands up. He glances over at Alex and he gives him a sheepish smile. "Ugh." Luke mumbles before walking out of the studio. I open the fridge and look for a water. There were a few bottles towards the back and I grab one, closing the door. Luke was standing there waiting for me to close it. I jump and hold my hand over my heart. "You like doing that huh.." I shake my head at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks, raising his eyebrow. I look at the water bottle in my hand. "Alex mentioned last night wasn't.. your first." I say and look up at him. He nods a little.

"Yeah, but that's not relevant. What's relevant is it was our first together. What we shared was beautiful. I admit, I wasn't the best person when it came to girls in the 90s but you changed that." He says and I nod, listening to him. "I just.. It made me think. They were probably a lot better and maybe even prettier than me." I say which makes him scoff. I give him a weird look when he does.

"Darling, last night was your first time. You're not going to be perfect but you were amazing. I wasn't looking for experience last night.. I was looking for a moment for us to share. Plus, we have plenty of opportunity to make it about experience." He jokes making me laugh softly at him and shake my head. He was too cute and sweet. I didn't know how I ended up so lucky. "Thank you. For making me feel better." I say smiling at him. He smiles and pulls me into a soft hug. "That's my job, honey."