Chapter 17

Julie walks into the empty studio. She wasn't used to it being tbis quiet. Reggie and Alex both made plans together, Luke went to visit his family, and Y/n had late night homework to catch up on. Julie walks over to the stereo to turn it on. She smiles and hums along to it. Blake had been texting her about when they were going to be able to finish recording this week. They'd already recorded three songs last week. It was a good feeling to be able to make music with her friends. The sound of a knock on the studio door makes her quickly look over. It was kind of unusual for someone to knock on the studio door. She walks over and pulls it open. A man standing in a tux looks at her.

"Can I help you?" She asks confused, opening the door a bit more. "Maybe you can. I'm looking for
Y/n." He says and glances around the studio for a second. "She isn't here. Want me to give her a message?" Julie asks, smiling at him kindly. She was still kind of cautious with him but he seemed friendly. "It's okay. I can do it myself." His eyes began to glow a bright blue as he grabs ahold of Julie's shoulders. Slowly he faded away into blue dust as he felt his soul enter Julie's. Her body stumbles back as she was no longer the one controlling it. Caleb turns her head to look into the mirror and smirks. "I'll fit right in.." He brushes her hair behind her ear. Julie was fighting her hardest inside her own head. He had all of the control over everything. Every thought in her head. Every movement she made. Her voice. Finally he was going to get everything he ever wanted. He wanted to be as powerful as ever. He wanted Luke, Reggie, and Alex's souls. He needed Y/n to do it as she had the most powerful soul.

Caleb's POV (While he's possessing Julie)

Trying to act natural while possessing her was going to be kind of difficult. Especially since I hadn't learn this girls mannerisms as much as other people's. "Hey Jules." Reggie says walking into the studio, smiling at me. I almost didn't react. Forgetting what I was doing. "Hey Reggie.." I say trying to not act weird. "Do you think you could take me to Y/n's?" I ask, leaning on the piano and looking up at him. He thinks for a second before looking at me. "I think Luke might be better for that." Reggie says. I nod a little and tap my fingers. "I guess i'll just wait for him then." I move to sit on the couch. Reggie gives me a weird look before looking through some of his stuff.

It took forever for that boy to finally come back. I waited and waited for what seemed like hours. "Hey Luke." I smile at him. He looks over at me and raises his eyebrow. "What's up, J?" He asks. He was using some kind of technology. It was too complicated for me. I glance over to see what he was doing. He was sending a text to Y/n. "Is she coming over here soon?" I ask, leaning back. He rolls his eyes at me when he notices I'd been glancing over his shoulder.

"Nosy much? And yes. You know she always comes over around this time. You feeling okay?" He says jokingly making me fake laugh. Luke smiles and looks back at his phone. I needed to think of a plan quick. I needed to figure out how I was going to get that ring off of Y/n. She was too powerful already but with the ring Luke gave her she was much more.

Y/n's POV

I just finished all of my homework. School was terrible today. It felt like I was unmotivated and I texted Luke about it all. He offered for me to come over and he'd help me study as much as possible. I decide to just glance in the window to see who's in the studio because I wanted to spend some alone time with Luke. That's when my heart dropped. Luke was kissing Julie. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes. My boyfriend and my best friend. Why would they do this? Why would he do this? I quickly throw down my bag and take off running back towards my house. I had just spent time with him and his family all this week. He kept telling me how much he loved me but none of it was true. I mean seriously. Julie? I understood they were best friends and wrote songs together a lot. I was his girlfriend though. I run all the way home, slamming the door behind me.

Luke's POV

I quickly push Julie away from me. What the hell had gotten into her? I stare at her wide eyed. "Julie what the.." I say barely able to form any words because of what just happened. "I'm sorry. I'll just go." She nods a little and walks out of the studio. I stay frozen. Y/n was going to be here any second. I needed to just forget this ever happened. I stand up to walk outside and get some fresh air when I notice Y/n's books on the ground in front of the studio. "No.." I whisper quietly and lean down to pick them up. She had seen it. She saw Julie kiss me. My eyes close and I rub my face lightly. I quickly grab my helmet and jump on my bike, riding off towards her house. I climb up the side I usually did to her roof. The window was locked. This window was never usually locked. I knock on it softly to not alarm her grandparents. Y/n moves over to slowly open it. Tears were in her eyes and the tear stains on her cheeks made it clear she'd been crying already.

"Y/n.." I whisper to her and reach my hand out for her. She doesn't say anything and grabs my hand. I expect her to hold it but instead she places both her promise ring and future engagement ring in my hand. "Goodnight Luke." She says quietly, her voice breaking as she closes the window again. I stare at the rings in my hand and I hear a click, telling me the window was locked again.