Chapter 14

Christmas decorations were coming down and it was time to plan for the new year. Alex and Willie wanted to plan the biggest New Years party ever. They had a plan and Julie said it was fine as long as it wasn't at her house. I spent the afternoon in Julie's studio working on a few songs while her and the boys weren't around. It made it a lot easier to get things done when I didn't have Luke trying to smother me in kisses or Reggie giving me ideas for his country music. I tried my hardest to write at least. I just couldn't today. There was this feeling in the back of my mind. I couldn't shake it but I had no idea what it was. Something just felt weird. There were only four words written on my page. This just wasn't working out in my favor. The words weren't flooding out like they usually did. I sigh softly and close my notebook, setting it on the coffee table. The studio was quiet. Too quiet. It helped to write without anyone but I hadn't seen anyone all day. Which wasn't really that weird with Alex because he'd grown quite fond of exploring with Willie. Reggie usually napped on the couch but today Flynn wanted to take him to an art museum. She said she was worried because Reggie usually couldn't be quiet for too long and it was a very quiet place. I had faith in him though because he enjoyed little things like art. That's when I hear it. The sound of a piano playing and a woman singing. That woman being my mom. That couldn't be right. There was no way I was hearing my mother right now. Soon my dad joins in with her. I quickly stand up and turn towards the singing, both my parents sitting at Julie's piano with big smiles on their faces. I cover my mouth and try not to fall back on the couch. I hadn't seen them in so long. The thought of them actually being there overwhelming me.

"Come over here, honey. I want to show you something I learned." My dad smiles at me and motions for me to walk over. Tears well up in my eyes at his voice. I slowly walk towards them. My mom goes to take my hand but it passes straight through mine. "Maybe another time." She gives me a reassuring smile. I close my eyes briefly and move to sit on the bench beside my dad. "How.." I look between them. The tears still streaming down my face. "Well dear, that's where I come in." Caleb says making me look up at him sitting on the piano. He must've appeared while I was distracted by my parents. I quickly move away from him. "You do realize you're connected to me somehow right? That's how you're able to manipulate ghosts like me." Caleb says, leaning back on the piano. I had no idea what he was talking about. I was too busy feeling my anger rise that he brought my parents into this. I also couldn't even touch them. That hurt more than anything. "Leave my parents alone! They did nothing.. you just want my boys souls." I stand as far away from him as possible. Caleb snaps his fingers and I watch as my parents slowly fade away. They both smile at me before completely vanishing, the music fading with them.

"I no longer need the boys souls. I need yours. Yours is the most powerful I've ever seen." He says, looking over at me. I glare at him and shake my head. "You give me your soul... you can spend eternity with your parents. Oh and Luke doesn't get hurt." He shrugs simply and picks at his nails. My eyes widen at the thought of Luke getting hurt. "I'm not letting you hurt anyone else." I say sternly with my glare still focused on him. He stands up and holds his hand out for me. "Then it's simple, huh?" I look at his hand before looking at his face. Caleb was pure evil. I couldn't risk it. I couldn't have Luke being tortured or hurt because of me. I slowly place my hand in Caleb's. He hisses and quickly snatches his hand away from me. "What did you do?" He asks, looking at my hand. A bright glow begins from my palm towards my finger tips. It's the finger where Luke's ring is placed.

"You know, I noticed a common thing with you.." I say, watching the glow slowly disappear. "Pure love defeats pure evil. It always will." I smile a little to myself and look at him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Do you realize who I am? I own a ghost club. Your soul should be mine." He snaps at me reaching for my hand again. I move it away just in time. "Except it's not yours. It belongs to me.. and Luke." I point at him. He stares at me in disbelief. I move my hand towards him and he quickly steps back. Caleb was actually scared of me. The power I had literally in the palm of my hand. All because I had Luke in my life.

"You own a ghost club but because of the pure evil in your heart instead of love, you will never be powerful." I say, crossing my arms. Luke comes inside the studio. He drops all of his stuff once he notices Caleb's in here. "Y/n? Are you okay?" He quickly rushes to my side, wrapping me in his arms. "I'm fine. Don't worry." I assure him and lean into him a little. Caleb's face changes into anger towards us. "I'll get you... one day." He waves his cape in our faces and disappears in a flash. Luke cups my face to look over it before checking all over me. "Promise you're okay?" He asks, making me laugh softly and grab his face to calm him down. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him into a hug. He quickly hugs me back. My thoughts go back to my parents and I close my eyes a little. "He brought my parents.." I say quietly into his shoulder. Luke pulls away to look at me.

"It felt good to see them again.. I really think we should go see your parents." I rub my thumb across his cheek softly. "But.. what if it is my unfinished business.." He asks quietly while holding me close. "Trust me, Luke. I don't think you're going anywhere." I say smiling softly. He smiles a little and nods. "I've been wanting to see them.." He says honestly. I pull him into another hug. Luke hugs me tightly and closes his eyes. I sigh into his shoulder, rubbing his back. "It's going to be weird. It's going to be crazy. But i'd like you to be there." He says, looking at me. I nod quickly and fix his hair a bit. "Of course babe." I say making him smile a little more. "Maybe I could even sing Unsaid Emily to her.."

"That's a beautiful idea.."