Second Chance (Hase)

Earth AU(please keep in mind this is my first time doing an AU(and I am not positive about the full definition))

Rose POV
---------------
I closed my eyes I was now 18,
And just got my license. Sure I was happy but, Hawk and I broke up. And may I say it wasn't in the best way. We didn't talk to each other unless it was necessary. Astoria, Ling Ling, and Joy all tried to get us back together.

It had been 3 months 2 weeks and 4 days since we broke up. It was devastating, I cried and the worst part was that I still liked him. No loved him.

I drove my new car. And kept going until I got near the cliff. I parked a good distance away from it. I grabbed my songbook and a pen.

The sun was still up but, would go down in a couple of hours. I opened a page and started to write.

A while later the sun was setting, I finished the song, and on a different sheet composed the piano part. I got in my car. And started to drive singing the song I made.

(There is a bad word so... Enjoy)

Once I finished the song. I sighed and parked to the side when I got a text. It was Hawk,

Bold - Rose
Italics - Hawk

Hawk
We need to talk

Rose
About what?

Hawk
I'll explain when you get here

Rose
When?

Hawk
Tonight

Rose
I'll be there in ten

——————————————————————-

I sighed as I drove to his house. I had five minutes left. His house was a few minutes away. I sat there in my car, wondering how life would be if we didn't break up. The last time I checked he was dating Ambrosia. And that hurt, because she was everything I wasn't.

I wasn't the most popular, but I had friends who liked me for me. And the enemy's who hated me in general. Ambrosia is one of them. But if he wanted Ambrosia I was fine with that if he was happy. I still liked him, even if he liked me back we couldn't be together, it didn't work the last time, why would it work now.

Ambrosia is the Regina George of the school. The queen bee, with her loyal sidekicks. Then there is me who isn't perfect as she sticks contacts in her eyes to avoid glasses. I'm a mess no wonder why Hawk left me.

Speaking of Hawk, I should go. I drove to his house and parked in the driveway. I walked up and was about to knock when he opened the door and grabbed my arm pulling me in. Before I could say anything he said. "I know you're probably mad at me but I need help." I looked into his eyes filled with sorrow and desperation.

"Why? Why me, and not someone else." I asked tilting my head in confusion. He sighed. "Let me start over. Anything new in your life?"
I looked into his eyes and replied, " I got my driver's license." "that's great, now I know I shouldn't ask for this but, can we be friends?" I gave him a small smile, "I don't see the harm in that." He sighed, "Great. Now can you help me with my project in Chemistry, I just don't get it." I nod, "sure I'll help." He grinned, "thanks." he said and started to talk but, I zoned out.

God, I loved him so much it hurt. I am friends with him, but I know that we couldn't be together, I felt my heartbreak. But there was a spark of hope there inside me, maybe we could work things out.

I mean he did always say he would love me. "Always and forever". Maybe this was my second chance.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I just love Oliva Rodrigo's new song(sorry if I spelled the name wrong)

Called Drivers License

I recommend it, bye for now.

Paws out!
Virtual hugs sent

1:47 AM
Sunday, January 10, 2021
677 words