He was

Rose pov
-------------
He's gone, he's really gone.

Ling Ling is crying, Astoria is trying not to cry, Hawk has a tear shed down his cheek. Joy is crying, and I'm rubbing Ling Lings back.

This wasn't supposed to happen, I feel sick to my stomach. It should have been me, but he decided to be a hero. "So... What now?" Shawn asked and his voice cracked a bit staring at his pale cousin. "He's dead." Ling Ling repeated, I felt like my heart was being ripped out.

"Hey... (cough) it's okay..."
"No, it's not, I let you down."
"You could never let me down."
"Keep your eyes open."
"You'll be fine."
"No... I won't STAY with me..." my voice broke "please."
"I love you, Rosie."
"I love you too, brother... I love you too."
Then he let his last breath out.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts. "Rose you okay?" Hawk asked pulling me into a hug. I sighed, "Travis just died, I don't think any of us are okay." I said closing my eyes and rubbing his back."

He's not coming back...
A voice whispered in my head.

The next thing I know we are all in my granny's office, "What happened?" my grandmother asked.

As Astoria explains I find myself wondering where it all gone wrong.

"How?" "why?" "when?" "who?" are the questions the professors ask us, Astoria responds and I'm hugging Ling Ling as she is crying.

"He was my everything. I'm nothing without him." she whispered softly, taking a tissue Shawn handed her.

"If he's your nothing with Travis then maybe you don't deserve him," Shawn said. I raised my eyebrow, "Was that a reference?" he nodded bashfully, "Travis showed me..." and with that, he's staring blankly out the window. Zoning out into his own fragile world.

One where his cousin is still with him. His reality was shattered when he lost his personal goofball, and the closest thing to a big brother not by birth but by heart.

His grandfather is no better but looks guilty. As he regrets showings resentment towards his grandson's hobbies.

His grandmother's eyes were full of sorrow as if she felt guilty and wanted what was best for him.

Joy's eyes filled with longing as if she wanted him to come back looking at all the good memories we all held.

Astoria looked confused and held her head low. It might have been her plan, but we don't blame her. It wasn't expected.

Hawk and Shawn looked hopeless as if they knew firsthand, that he wouldn't come back. They lost a brother, an unbreakable bond. Something that his death froze.

Ling Ling looked helpless, as if all the life drained out of her. The usually strong and tough girl, lost her world. She was floating in her mind, physically drained and emotionally broken. A piece of her left.

Ling Ling POV
--------------------

He was my hope.
My love.
My sun that shinned when it rained.
My moon when I needed to rest.
My song when I didn't know the words.
My life when I needed to live.
My laughter when I felt down.
My shoulder when I cried...

And he's gone. The days go by so slow, now that my everything is gone.

Granny says you'll be fine, and you'll get over it.

But I haven't. I lost him, I lost my love. Maybe within time, I will but, not now.

The next thing I know I'm by his grave, Rose is setting down sunflowers. I remember what he said.

"If I die, I don't want white flowers on my grave. If there is a lily, I will haunt you." he joked. Astoria rolled her eyes, "Then what would you want?" he paused, "Sunflowers, they're bright flowers, and are better than Rose." "Gee thanks." Replied Rose sarcastically which made him laugh.

"Sunflowers." I said softly, Rose turned her head and smiled gently, "What he wanted."

"What was he to you?" Rose asked looking at his grave with pain in her eyes.

"Honestly, he was my love, my soulmate. And boyfriend." Rose nodded , "when did he ask?" I sigh and push my hair back, "A few months ago." Rose held her breath.

"He loves you." "Loved," I said with tears burning in my eyes.

Rose shook her head, "No I meant what I said. He's still alive, in our hearts." I nodded, "but not physically." I replied bitterly.

"What was he to you, Rose?" I asked. I hope she didn't have feelings for him. "He was my last chance, to fix my mistakes... He was my brother. Or felt like it." her eyes are now fixed on the horizon

The sun is setting and it's beautiful, but Travis could paint it better.

"You have a brother?" I ask as she never mentioned it before. "Had," she replied curtly.

"Ones like a stranger, the other is gone. Either way, they're not coming back." I nodded. "So Travis."

"Was the closest thing that felt like one. The rest of the team also saw him like a brother. You are not alone. No one is alone. We're in this together." She said and sighed.

"What happened to them?" I asked trying to keep my mind of Travis. She knew who I was referring to.

"One of my brothers were like a bright sun, always shinning, the other was more reserved but both of them were sweet. One died, I told him not to leave, then an accident occurred. He died in my arms... the other is a long story, one that I don't want to explain." She said her body was here but her mind wasn't.

"Sorry." We both said looking at the other, Rose is strong and confident. "I'm glad we have each other." She said giving me her signature smile.

She walked away and I tried not to break down. "You were my everything Travis... why did you leave me? Leave us?" I wiped a tear that snuck out of my eye. "We had a future... together." I said touching the bracket he gave me.

"You said forever... But I guess, it wasn't supposed to happen." I said with a watery laugh. "I guess life happens, and I have the others... Where ever you are, I hope you are happy." I said walking away.

Year's later

"Aww... He's so handsome!" Rose exclaimed quietly cooing over my son. Astoria shook her head, "What is his name?" She asked and Joy perked up, "Did you choose yet?"

Nodded turning to my husband, "Travis, his name will be Travis." "Why Travis?" my husband asked which made Hawk and Rose exchange glances. Hawk and Rose had a running joke to tell him how my first boyfriend was since he thinks he's my first love.

"Travis... Because, well... He's my everything." I said giving my newborn baby a teary smile, this is a new chance a second chance. "I'll do anything to keep you safe," I whisper, I feel happy and lighter. I guess I just needed a second chance and a new everything.

------------------------
End

Hope you all enjoyed...
This was longer than I expected.
I honestly thought it would be shorter not
1184 plus words.

Oh and thanks a bunches for reading!