CHAPTER 16

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play"I'm Fine (BTS)- DooPiano" from my Spotify playlist provided in the story description.*

"Ok

"Ok...So lemme change into my tracksuit. it will be hard to do salsa in jeans. But Bora...what if I perform salsa in jeans with you on stage. Won't it be fun?" Dong Chan laughed.

"It will be more fun if it gets torn," I replied and went to change into my shorts for practising with him.

We both changed.

"Ok, Yeobo...let's get it." Dong Chan said and pulled me closer to him.

"Yeah. How many times shall I tell you not to call me Yeobo." I yelled at him

He ignored and we started to practice our dance that we were going to perform, day after tomorrow at a college function. We are working on it for the past 1 month. It's my first time dancing. He really worked so hard to teach me. After 30 minutes we took a break. Both of us gone, out of breath. It was just two of us in the practising room.

"Ah...it's so hard. My toes hurt." I said, lying down on the floor.

"Your dancing is improved a lot though." He replied and bought his phone near me.

"Hey look. This seems a new pose. Let's try this one." He showed me the video.

"Have you lost your mind? We are already at the end. And apart from that. You can't lift me like this. They are professionals. You may get hurt." I shoved his hand away.

Then he kept looking at me making a babyface with his puppy eyes as if he was requesting me.

"Aigoo...how old are you really? Stop acting like a kid." I spoke.

"Jaebal... Only once... Please. Just try. If it doesn't work. Let's skip this idea." He said coming closer to me.

"Aish... Stay away...ok fine. Only once. Don't ever try this again, if we fail to do it. But be careful." I agreed and stood up.

"Ok, I am gonna lift you now." He said and tried to lift me.

It was going fine but then he lost his balance and we both fell together. I stood up right away.

"Are you ok, Chan? Look, I told you it's risky." I panicked.

"I am fine." He said and tried to stand up but fell again.

"You don't seem ok. I think your leg is hurt?" I moved his foot slightly.

He groaned in pain.

"Let's go to the hospital, you dumb. You won't learn." I said and helped him get out of there.

NEXT DAY

"Take this medicine and don't even try to get down the bed. Just stay here. I will cook something for you." I scolded Chan.

He got a mild fracture in his right foot. Doctor asked him to stay in bed for 3-weeks.

"Bora. I am sorry." He said with his teary eyes.

"Hey what's wrong? It wasn't your fault though. It just happened. Don't worry." I consoled him sitting next to him.

"But I love dancing you know. And this performance was special for me." He hugged me.

"Special. Why?"

"It was for you. I wanted to gift you that prize on your birthday. Moreover. I have seen you watching girls practising dancing from the classroom window many times. I know you wanted to be a part of them too. But you never got a chance nor time. I just wanted to make this special for you. I am so sorry." He said hugging me more tightly.

Oh...This is why he was working so hard to teach me.

"Now you won't perform. It hurts me more." He continued.

"Hey...why won't I perform? I am totally fine. I am gonna dance pabo." I replied, pushing him away.

"Jinjja... Seriously. But how will you do that alone."

We both sat silent for a while.

"Ah, I have a friend. He can help you. I'll ask him to help you." He said with a big smile.

"Hmm...Ok...Then I'm leaving for practice after cooking for you." I said and left the room.

I cooked for him and went to a practice room at the university. I was alone there. My phone rang.

"Hello Isn't this Ami? Actually, I'm Chan's friend." A voice from the other side of the call.

"Oh yeah. He told me that you are on the way to the practice room. So I am waiting there." I replied.

"Ah... Actually, I am so sorry. I accidently broke a traffic signal and caught by police. I forgot my bike papers too. I don't think I will be able to reach today. I will ask for your practice video from Chan and will practice at home. I will be ready to perform with you tomorrow. Please try to understand." He requested.

"Oh. Ok, I will send you. Don't worry about me. I will practice alone." I said and hanged up the call.

It was getting dark. I had no idea what am I supposed to do. I tried to dance alone.

But how the hell am I supposed to practice a couple dance, alone.

I decided to drink a glass of water. But the water bottle was empty. I went out to fill it back and wandered around the ground to get some air. Then I came back into the room. But the door was slightly open. I peeked inside and saw someone lying down on the floor tired.

Damn it. Who's this now?

(She must have better stayed inside

(She must have better stayed inside. But still, who's there? Is that Chan's friend or a stranger? Let's find out in next chapter)

*Yeobo- Honey (in Korean)
*Jaebal- Please (in Korean)
*Jinjja- Seriously/really (in Korean)