CHAPTER 8

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play "Reflection -BTS" from my Spotify playlist provided in the story description.*

"Oh, Lee Bo Ra

"Oh, Lee Bo Ra. Since when did you start working here in the library?" Asked Ma Dong Chan, one of my classmate. He was with two more classmates of mine and his friends, Jiwoo and Mi-young.

"Huh. I work on afternoon shift here." I replied.

"Wah. How many part-time jobs you have? No wonder you have no time to study or date." Said Jiwoo with a confused look.

"Yaaa...Jiwoo. How many times I have to tell you to keep your mouth shut. Anyway, Bo Ra are you also writing entrance exam for XYZ University, London next week? I heard it's so hard." Mi-Young enquired.

"Yes. I have registered for the examination already." I replied.

"What...Bo Ra is dreaming to study in London top university? And that also on Scholarship base. You are joking, right? Haha...she can't even get a B grade in college exams and you are saying...." Dong Chan covered Jiwoo's mouth before he completes.

"Never mind Bora. Anyway, we gotta study here for a while. See you later." Mi-Young said and they all left.

It's now 11 pm. Now there aren't many people in the library. So I decided to prepare for my entrance exam. I took out my book and sat on the nearby table.

I was struggling to concentrate after hearing, what Jiwoo said. After a while, I gave up and dug my head onto my book.

Well, Jiwoo was not totally wrong. Am I dreaming too high? Can I really crack the exams even when I can't even make time for my studies?

Negative thoughts were ruling me. I lifted my head when I saw a man, standing near the reception. I just stood up and ran quickly to the reception.

He is too tall for me. He was wearing a full sleeve thunder grey coloured hoodie with black jeans. Jet black hair colour with tanned skin. Puffy mono lids, almond-shaped wide eyes with light brows, large full lips with narrow chin giving an oval-like heart shape to his face. He had a typical masculine outlook.

"How can I help you?" I enquired.

"Actually I am currently working on a story. So, I need to find a few best books for reference." He replied with a honey-like deep voice and smiled.

Omo!...he has dimples...it's illegal.

"Ah yeah sure. Wait, I will bring for you." I said and walked towards the bookshelves.

Words of Jiwoo were still disturbing my mind. I searched for the book but I was kind of lost. One of the books was placed so high that I wasn't able to reach. So I used a stool to reach it but still was not able to reach and suddenly I lost my balance and that's when that dimple guy saved me from falling. He gently placed my feet down on the floor.

"Are you fine?" he asked

"Ye...Yes...I'm fine. And thank you. Actually, I was trying to get the book you needed but it's too high." I pointed towards the book as I was too embarrassed to look at him.

"It's fine I will take it myself. Actually, we take books by ourselves in a library. But you tried to find me some instead of directing me to the section. So, thanks!" He said with a smile and took it.

I went back to my seat to study.

"Can I sit here if you don't mind?" he spoke.

"Yeah sure. It's totally fine." I smiled.

Ok...Ami, now you have to study. Just forget everything and study.

I tried again but failed to concentrate. Then I just closed my book and just sat there. The dimple guy was writing something in his orange dairy. A blue notebook was kept near it. I was looking at him and he didn't even notice that.

My head was paining so I decided to make coffee. I also asked that dimple guy for coffee and he agreed. I made two coffees and gave him one.

"Actually, are you free?" he looked at me.

"Yes, I'm free."

"So...I'm writing a story about a girl who is struggling to fulfil her dreams but is always let down by society. So there is a situation where she is just a few steps far from achieving her dreams but she is still struggling to decide on whom to believe in, herself or the society? As you are a girl, I felt like I can get some help from you. So, can you tell me what you would've done if you were in the same situation?"

After hearing that part of the story I was completely relating it to my life. But I was speechless.

How am I supposed to answer this, when even I can't decide my future right now?

"Hello. Are you listening? Seems like you are lost? Shall I repeat or it's fine if you don't wanna answer." He bought me back from my imagination.

"No. no...I am listening. Actually, your question sounds too similar to the situation I'm going through. Even I can't find the answer." I replied with my head down.

"Ah... it's fine. Seems like you are not feeling fine today. It's fine, I will find the answer on my own. I hope you make the right decision." He said with his dimple smile.

"Hmm. Sorry and thank you. Excuse me for a minute." I walked towards the washroom.

I washed my face to come back to my sense and walked back to the table. But the dimple guy already left. I went near the table and gathered all the books when I saw the blue notebook.

"Oh god. I think the dimple guy forgot his book here. What was his name, lemme call him" I went to the register and checked his name to contact him.

"Hello is this Mr Kim Namjoon?"

(Oho...so it was Namjoonsshi...what will he do now? He left the book there on purpose or forgot it? Will she go and return it to him? Or is he gonna come back? What's gonna happen between them? Let's find out in the next chapter.)