CHAPTER 7

*Track- Please play the above video for a better experience or play "Tony Montana - Agust D, Yankie" from my Spotify playlist provided in the story description.*

What! Why?

What! Why?

I was shocked by the decision, so I looked at Kim Yohan. Surprisingly, he was already looking at me as if he was satisfied after defeating me. We went on the stage, received the prizes and came back to our seats.

Ah. I have to work harder now to pay the university fees.

The programme was over. I took out my phone to check the time. That's when I saw eight missed calls from one of my part-time job boss. There was no proper network so I just walked around in search of the network. And ended up behind the hall outside. I talked to my boss and hanged up the call. I was just about to leave when I saw Kim Yohan, his mother and the three judges on the other side. I can hear them. Yo Han's mother handed over three envelopes to the judges.

"Here is your reward for deciding in our favour." Said Yohan's mother.

So this is how he won. Shame on him.

"Thanks. But can I ask Yohan, why were you so desperate to win against that poor girl?" one of the judges asked.

"Nothing much. Just an ego satisfaction." He said and they all laughed.

I was burning in anger.

"Wait. you Lil...lemme kill you right now."

I got the whole situation now. I was burning in anger that I decided to go in front of them. I was just about to shout at him when someone pulled me back. It was that cat-faced guy.

"Ah Mr Blonde hair, what are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

He was still holding me close to him with his one hand on my back. My both hands were locked between both of our chests. I moved back immediately but my bracelet got stuck in his button. I pushed him away but my bracelet got stuck in his coat button. I was struggling to unstuck it.

"Hey, can you stop it? You are going to pluck the button out. Stay still, I will deal with it." He said calmly.

I gave up and stood their silently. He was too close. That's when I noticed, how handsome he is.

Why is my face getting red? Oh yeah...I am angry... that's why? Yes, that's the only reason. Yes. But what about my heartbeat.

"Always think before you take action." He spoke.

"Huh, what do you mean?" I questioned him.

"I saw and heard everything too. But do you think shouting at him will make everything fine?" He looked at me.

"Then what am I supposed to do?" I replied controlling my anger.

"If people end up getting the results they don't want; they might think that their entire world is falling apart. But it's not. Life is not all about your position. It's about your talents and dreams. If you want to aim high, don't let all these kind of people consume you. Just live your life. Don't compare yourself to others. Your talent is just yours. They might buy the judges. But they can't buy your talent. You can shine in this darkness. That's a butterfly effect. Don't give up on yourself. There is always something you can still do and succeed at. In the end, some of your greatest pains will become your greatest strength. So keep calm and believe in KARMA. Sometimes it's better to stay still rather than panicking, just the way you are standing now, while I am doing everything." He said.

I don't know why after hearing him, I was no angrier, somehow I agreed with him. What's mine will always be mine. I must keep calm and wait for better. It's good some time to stay silent and wait.

"Ok. I fixed it now. Your hand is free. Ok, then I will go. Bye." He spoke.

"Umm. Excuse me. Can I know your name please?" I asked quickly.

"Min Yoongi" he answered and rose his hand up and waved without looking back and left.

Next day in university

"Why is it so loud today here?" I asked to myself.

I am in university now. I came to the university as usual. But today something was different. Mostly everyone was looking at their phones and talking about some kind of video. I was still confused. After a while, my seatmate came, her name is Gun Mi Young.

"Hey, Mi Young. What's going on since morning? Everyone is busy looking at their phones." I asked.

"Oh that, It's about a video on Instagram posted by someone, it's about the rich kid Kim Yohan and his mother." She replied.

"What kind of video? I don't use social media much, as you know. Can you show me?"

"Hmm...OK. Here it is." She handed me her phone.

I was literally in shock for a moment after watching it. It was the video of the scene of Yohan's mother giving money to the three judges that I saw yesterday.

Wtf! When did this all happen? I thought me and the guy were the only two there.

"Mi-Young. Who posted this? Can we know that?"

"Of course Bora. We can. You know nothing about social media. Look, this is a girl, her name is Jo Hye Min. She is an artist and Instagram star too. This is her photo." She said and showed me the photo.

Damn it. That pretty girl I met. She is an Instagram star. Wow.

"Attention everyone. Our principal is here. He wants to announce something." Professor said as soon as she entered.

"Hello everyone. As you know many participants participated in the intercollege programme. And from your class, it was Lee Bora who participated in poem exhibition and won the second. But I guess you all know, that the first prize winner, Kim Yo Han cheated and got the first position. So as per the decision of the education committee, they decided to give the first prize honour back to Lee Bora. Because we all think she deserves it. And as of now, she has won first prize continuously three times in a row. Hence, Lee Bora, we will provide you with a scholarship. Now, you only have to pay half of the fee. Congratulations. Now please come here, so I can reward you with your scholarship" Principal announced.

Everyone started applauding. I was so happy. I received my scholarship.

"Congratulations, Lee Bora. You deserve this." The principal said while shaking hands.

"Thank you, sir." I thanked.

"Look, students. This is called KARMA. What you deserve will always be yours. Just give your best and play fair." The principal said aloud to all and left.

KARMA...Huh...yes...he was right... Thank you for enlightening me.

 Thank you for enlightening me

(Oho...Mr. Min Yoongi...did teach her well. Believing in herself with a little discipline. Now she doesn't have to pay much. But...something is still off about her. Right? Hmm... Let's find out...just wait for next)