CHAPTER 2

Track- Please play the above music video or "Lost-BTS (DooPiana)" from the Spotify playlist link provided in story description.

I took a taxi and reached the showroom. Where I have an interview for a sales girl post. I paid the taxi driver and thanked him. I hurried to the large luxurious showroom.

My bad luck, I bumped into a lady. She was just about to fall when two black-suited men, saved her. The total appearance of these two males gave me bodyguard vibes. Her leopard printed faux fur coat fell down which was tossed nonchalantly over her shoulders. I leaned down immediately to pick up the coat from the floor. She was wearing a black midi-dress paired with black cone heels. Her skin looked artificially flawless. She had her hair up to shoulder length, her lips painted red and pearl necklace she wore, gave her an extravagant look. She gave off an arrogant aura. I can't see her eyes because of the shades, but I was sure she was giving me a death glare.

One of the bodyguards snatched the coat from my hand.

"Ah, sorry. I'm really sorry. Excuse me, I'm in hurry". I ran past them. But I can still hear the lady cursing on me.

It was cold inside the showroom.

"OK Ami, calm down, breath in, breath out... ok... Now let's go". I cheered myself.

"Excuse me, actually I'm here for an interview for sales girl vacancy. Can you tell me, where is it being held?" I enquired at the receptionist.

"Oh, yes sure." She replied.

She asked for a salesgirl and told her to take me to the manager's cabin. The girl directed me there and asked me to wait. She was wearing the showroom uniform with her name tag, Choi Hayoon. She went inside the cabin and came after a few minutes. She permitted me to go inside. I took a deep breath and opened the door slightly.

"May I come in, sir?" I asked politely.

"Yes, please." It was a lady who replied softly against to what I expected.

I went inside. The lady was well dressed in a yellow midi dress. She was wearing an ID card too.

"Annyeonghaseyo, myself Park Jiwoo, I'm asst. Manager. Actually, our former manager resigned just yesterday. So, we are waiting for the new manager who is yet to arrive. He is the son of Mr Kim Jeong Hoon, the owner of this showroom. So, I have the responsibility to interview you." She spoke politely.

I don't know why, but I felt a bit relaxed now.

"OK, have a seat and tell me about yourself?" she asked.

"Gamsahabnida. Myself Lee Bora. I'm from Gang won-do. I'm 21 years old, last year student in BA literature at Seoul University." I replied politely.

"Hmm...so you are from Gang won-do. Then, why are you looking for this job? Isn't it quite far from your place?" she asked me with a confused look.

"Actually this place is nearby my university. So I thought this will be a perfect part-time job for me". I replied with a smile, even though I was getting nervous.

"Hmm... I see. So tell me, do you have any other job?"

"Yes, I do."

"Ok. What is it?"

"Actually I have few more part-time jobs".

"What?" She widened her brows.

"Yeah, I've. As per the details provided for this job, you need sales girl for Mondays only. So, I thought of trying this one too."

"Ah, Yes. As you know this is a famous showroom in Seoul and the owner of this showroom appoints only part-time salesperson. So, the workers will receive enough resting time and they'll be able to manage their studies. If they're students like you. He's been doing this for years for supporting youngsters like you."

"Oh, He is a great person!" I replied.

She examined all of my documents and asked me to wait outside. I waited outside for ten minutes. She came to me and informed me that I was appointed. Later, she showed me the whole showroom and explained everything in detail. There was so many branded clothes, bags, shoes and sandals, cosmetics, accessories etc... There was even a salon. It was only for VIP customers.

'OK, so here is your uniform for work. Make sure to wear white heels with this". She handed a set of uniform that was mostly matching with my size and told me the name tag will be provided soon.

All of a sudden, a girl who was also dressed in the uniform came running to Ms Park Jiwoo.

"Ms Park, the salesgirl at the dress section, Min Young fainted". She gasped.

"What! Let's go". She ran with the girl towards the dress section.

I stood there in confusion. I wanted to leave, but I thought it would be rude to leave without saying a proper goodbye to Ms Park Jiwoo. It may create a bad impression on her about me. Then I thought, I neither have to go to university today, because I already took a full day leave for this interview. So I decided to wait for her to come back.

I literary waited for an hour. Finally, I saw Ms Park coming towards the cabin. She seemed a bit worried. I stood as soon as she noticed me. Suddenly, she increased her pace towards me.

"Oh, Bora, thank god! you're still here. I'm saved". She said and grabbed my hand.

I was dumbfounded.

"Bora, I have to urgently go to visit Mr Kim Jeong Hoon (CEO) because of his health issues. I hope you understood by now that one of the salesgirls just fainted and there is no one available to replace her at the moment. Can you start from today itself, please?". She requested.

"Oh...Ye...Yes...OK Fine". I replied blankly.

(Lee Bora is ready to join

(Lee Bora is ready to join. But she is totally unaware of her future. A big turning point is waiting for her...to know what it is...wait for next chapter)

*Annyeonghaseyo- Hello (in Korean)

*Gamsahabnida- Thank you (in Korean)