chapter 9

When Xailendra arrived at school, it was obvious that the students were talking about the upcoming play, and the fact that today is when her teacher, Miss Nelson, is going to announce what role will you get for the play.

When the classes started, she noticed that she was slowly getting used to how things work in this school. She was more active in recitations and gets higher scores at quizzes; not to mention the fact that she's getting along with the other students, though not enough to consider them as a friend.

Time passed by quickly and it's already time for theater class.

Great.

Both juniors and seniors who auditioned were told to go to the auditorium where the audition happened because that'd be the same place where the announcement for the play and roles will happen and where the practice will happen, too.

Her teacher, Miss Nelson stood up at the stage holding a microphone waiting for students to fill up the auditorium.

"Alright, students, please settle down," She said to the mic while she and Xailendra's eyes met. Both of them smiled at each other and Jesy speaks again, "I'm going to announce what play we're going to do, and you, students probably knew that it was a musical because of the auditions."

Jesy opens an envelope that she picked up from a table beside her in the stage. "The play that we're doing is.... Hamilton the musical!"

Xailendra laughs in her mind, thinking, you already knew what play it was, what's with the envelope effect?

Students' mumbling filled the whole auditorium and most of them telling each other 'I told you so' and some of them surprised, but Jesy asks them to quiet down. "Now, for the assigned roles. We will start with the extras to the main characters."

For the next few minutes, the green-eyed girl doesn't really pay attention for the next few minutes, her mind goes to live autopilot thinking about all types of things, it's not until a few minutes later when she snapped out of it because—

"Xailendra Anias as Eliza Schuyler!" Jesy exclaims to the mic.

Her mind seemed to pause for a second because, isn't Eliza the female lead?

"Xailendra, darling? Come up her on the stage, please?"

She once again snaps out of it and blushes in the realisation that her teacher was calling her a few times already. She made her way to the stage, with Jesy welcoming her with a small 'congratulations' and made her stand up on her designated spot on the stage.

Next, Jesy calls the person who will act as Aaron Burr and lastly, she calls the person who will act as Alexander Hamilton.

"Kaizer Adams as Alexander Hamilton!"

Jesy thanked everyone who audition and wished for the actors and actresses to stay which they willingly did. She made everyone sit down on the chairs and turned the mic off before pacing slowly back and forth in front of us.

"So," Jesy sucks in a deep breath. "Welcome to the team. We will be working together for the rest of the year and this is how our schedules will go. Probably next week, we're going to start song rehearsal and that's going to end in first week of August when we're going to start the show rehearsal. Just a heads up, in song rehearsal, we will be practicing, memorizing, singing the whole soundtrack, all songs for act one and act two."

"Our first performance, that'll be in front of the school's principal and all teachers, will happen in October, just a few days after semestral break. The final performance would be in March.
Now I don't want anyone to miss rehearsal, not even a single day." She said sternly.

"For the person who'll portray Peggy, one of the Schuyler sisters, she will attend practice at least once a week since she's going to be coming from the middle school department. For anyone who has any questions now, please ask me. Is everything clear?"

Everyone said 'yes miss' in unison but one of the girls raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"Why does she get to be Eliza?" Says the girl who will portray Maria Reynolds, Alexander Hamilton's future affair in act two.

"Excuse her, she's always been the leading female act and she's just a little surprised that she didn't get it this year." Says the guy who was supposed to be Alexander.

"Stop talking, Kaizer!"

"I picked her because of her acting and vocal capabilities. That's the choice that I made." Jesy says blantly.

Xailendra practically was just sat there, not saying anything afraid that she might cause a fight between them. She knows that once she runs her mouth, it's hard to stop.

"But how about my acting and vocal capabilities?" She asked as if she was horrified.

"I chose hers over yours. And now I can see why I made a great decision." She says without emotion.

Is it me, or is Jesy Nelson as a teacher the best thing ever?

Maria scoffed and sat back down. Well, I mean, if my teacher blantly roasted me like that, I'd probably do the same. The green-eyed girl thought.

Though she knew that she didn't have any feud with Maria, she knew that this might lead to disasters while rehearsing.

I'm going to have to talk to Jesy later.

☆。*。☆

i had to cut the chapter short bcz like I said chaps of this book is mostly planned out and I just found out that I'm gonna need to scrap chapter 11 bcz there's no point to it like at all?? So what I'm gonna do is move the part of this chapter to chapter 10 and the supposed chapter 10 to chapter 11. Y'all get me? I hope y'all do. Teehee